Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Is someome has the Fabspeed Valvetronic Exhaust on 981 S

Hello all !

Here in Canada/Quebec prices are very high and sale taxes at 15%, so everyting is expensive.

I'm looking for an exhaust system to replace the stock exhaust (not PSE) on my 2014 Boxster S.

Here are the options :

1 - The most expensive, Porsche PSE installed at the dealership including button in console and programming = $6,800

2 - The middle one.  Porsche PSE with and aftermarket valve controler = $3,500 plus $500 to install it.

3 - The cheaper.  I have the option to buy a used but never installed Fabspeed Valvetronic Exhaust for about $2,200 plus $500 to install it.

So I'm wondering how this exhaust (Fabspeed Valvetronic) performs compared to stock exhaust.  

When valves are close, is it very louder than stock one ?   

Any drone when valves are closed ? 

Thanks.

Edited by Parrnan

On 2/15/2021 at 11:53 AM, Parrnan said:

Hello all !

Here in Canada/Quebec prices are very high and sale taxes at 15%, so everyting is expensive.

I'm looking for an exhaust system to replace the stock exhaust (not PSE) on my 2014 Boxster S.

Here are the options :

1 - The most expensive, Porsche PSE installed at the dealership including button in console and programming = $6,800

2 - The middle one.  Porsche PSE with and aftermarket valve controler = $3,500 plus $500 to install it.

3 - The cheaper.  I have the option to buy a used but never installed Fabspeed Valvetronic Exhaust for about $2,200 plus $500 to install it.

So I'm wondering how this exhaust (Fabspeed Valvetronic) performs compared to stock exhaust.  

When valves are close, is it very louder than stock one ?   

Any drone when valves are closed ? 

Thanks.

The Valvetronic System, when closed, will sound very similar to stock. When the valves are open it will dramatically increase the tone of your Boxster. Our valved systems utilize Helical Vales, Same as what's used in the OEM Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini systems. In terms of sound and performance, you cannot do any better than that system! 

Fabspeed will even transfer the Lifetime Warranty to your name! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fabspeed John said:

The Valvetronic System, when closed, will sound very similar to stock. When the valves are open it will dramatically increase the tone of your Boxster. Our valved systems utilize Helical Vales, Same as what's used in the OEM Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini systems. In terms of sound and performance, you cannot do any better than that system! 

Thanks.

On 2/16/2021 at 12:33 PM, Fabspeed John said:

Fabspeed John, the valvetronic system for sale is the first genetation product, the one without the upper pipe (seems to be in pretty good shape).  Is it a big issue ?  What are the advantages of the second generation of the product over to first generation ? 

Fabspeed John, I really need you advise on this.  Is a first gen product worth it or should I wait ?  I can get it for abour $2200 CDN (it would be $1750 USD to compare).  How this system hold in place, I do not see any mounting brackets ?  Thanks.

Valvetronic à vendre première génération.jpg

Edited by Parrnan

Parran, 

I am happy to help, Would you please Email me? john@fabspeed.com 

If you are buying the system used, i cannot give you any insight on what the previous owner is including in the sale. If you buy it first hand from us I can guarantee all needed hardware is included and will be covered under our Lifetime warranty. 

We changed the design because customers reported droning in the 2-3k RPM band. The new Gen. is drone free and sounds incredible. Much more worth it in my opinion. 

Edited by Fabspeed John
  • Like 1

On 2/23/2021 at 12:24 PM, Fabspeed John said:

Parran, 

I am happy to help, Would you please Email me? john@fabspeed.com 

If you are buying the system used, i cannot give you any insight on what the previous owner is including in the sale. If you buy it first hand from us I can guarantee all needed hardware is included and will be covered under our Lifetime warranty. 

We changed the design because customers reported droning in the 2-3k RPM band. The new Gen. is drone free and sounds incredible. Much more worth it in my opinion. 

Hello John.

I have a question.  

If I deceide to make an offer on the used Fabspeed Valvetronic system (generation 1), is the retrofit of the anti-drone tubes is something that can be performed ?  If so, would it be very costy ?  This system is on the best sounding on the market, but I cannot take the chance to buy it knowing it will drone a lot between 2000-3000 RPM on higher gear.  But if the anti-drone tubes can be retrofitted that might change the situation, depending on how costly it would be of course.

Thanks John.