Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

PCM 2.1 replacement issues

All, I’ve been pulling my hair out since this weekend on finally replacing my PCM and Mav-TV BT/iPod interface. 

in short I have Kenwood Excellron double-fin receiver along with an AXXess MOST adapter. I bought all this from Crutchfield along with their “ready harness” pre-wired with the receiver harness and the axxess wiring. All my research told me this would be “plug and play” which it was but no sound once connected.  

I spent hours on tech support with Crutchfield tracing wires and trying multiple combinations. I was getting a slight clicking sound coming from the new head unit but nothing else. Crutchfield tech suggested a rma replacement for the axxess adaptors, I received those replacements today but still the same issue. I unhooked everything and connected the PCM and yep, no sound. I get an error about amplifier, CD Changer, etc not connected. Checked fuses, all those are good but I’m stumped. 

my question is do the remaining MOST connectors need loop connectors to close the circuit in order for this to work?

Im out of ideas…

Yeah, that’s what my Spidey sense was telling me. I ended up removing the extra fiber links out and ‘closing the loop’ and that resolved the issue. I pieced that together from this site and a couple of other sites where others had similar issues. One has to take a pick tool and remove the fiber cables out and repin them into a single most connector. 

This needs to be added on write up’s on the topic IMO as a possible issue.