Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

So the other week on our 1st road trip, the front passenger side door soft close feature stopped working, the mirror would not fold in and the door would not lock.  We 1st noticed it when at one point we exited the car and the door did not close.  We re-opened and closed a few times and the feature did not work.    We locked the car using the fob.  Same door, front passenger, the mirror still didnt fold in.  We check the door for a possible obstruction and tried several times.  No good.   The door was also unresponsive to locking from the inside driver button and the mirror button would not fold the mirror in either.  We exited the car again and locked with the fob - all locked but the passenger side.  Oh well - what to do ?!?

The next day , all was good and working again.

Fast forward to today.  Car locked, key in her hand and wife tries to open passenger front door.  No good.  Won't unlock!  Not by just grabbing the handle OR with the fob.

Had to go and try the driver side master unlock button.  Not responsive.  Had to get in and pull handle from inside.  Got door open.

Upon exiting, passenger side soft close non-responsive again and door won't lock and mirror doesnt fold in on lock or with mirror adjust button from driver side.

Lastly, there was one time I had tried to get in the driver side and the door didnt open.  Car was locked and I had the key in pocket.  I had to pull a few times before door opened.  I thought I had forgotten how to open doors - but - now im wondering whats going on!  SOFTWARE GLITCH!!

I guess we'll eventually get in the car - one way or another - BUT - this could be a potential safety concern if one cant get in if necessary, OR, worse, get out.

Went to dealer this am for apt to diagnose :

1) driver door occasionally not unlocking

2) driver side view mirror occasionally  not opening 

3) driver "take control" alerts and steering wheel vibrating with warning even though cruise not activated and driving normally 

4) passenger side door not unlocking / locking occasionally 

5) passenger side view mirror non-responsive to control button.  Also not dipping in reverse

6) passenger side soft close not working

I did not find this out until after the appointment - it was a Porter who verified and demonstrated all the above to - he was not even a tech or a service writer.  Guess I should be lucky that the car was malfunctioning so they couldn't say - NPF - No Problem Found.  

Then was told by the service writer there is nothing they can do at this point.  

• 7 months later...

so a lot of the locking / unlocking doors issues and driver side seat memory issues seem to have been solved - the dealer had to replace the passenger side view mirror.  Something like a bad wiring harness.

We've now been trying to solve the ACC becoming disabled randomly and also disabling the driver non responsive function.  They have no clue and see no stored codes - but do see some sort of values stored that reflect apparently something is going on. They just dont know what.  Additionally , after we did 3 over the air updates, we have encountered random haptic noise sounds coming from somewhere.  Dealer diagnosed defective roof control panel where the light switches are and have ordered a replacement.  Finally, the homelink option on the PCM now randomly comes up on the PCM when starting the car in places other than the home ?!?  They have no clue on that one either.

AND, if anyone has had defective wiper blades like we have, ive been told there is a recall for them on the 2024's...

IMG_3685.jpg

IMG_3074.jpg

IMG_3078.jpg