Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Need Radio Code for a CDR-210

Hello,

I've been searching the site on information on radio code. I've realized I need to get the serial number and go through the dealer, since it is not on any of my paperwork or the car (hood, truck, and door jams). Anyway, I read on the site that you can 1) Turn on Radio Power 2) Hold down TP button 30 sec radio will beep... I've done this and when I press the TP button, it just rotates thru the radio stations. The radio doesn't beep and then stops at a local radio station.

Any clues on how I can get the serial number and radio code.

I have a 97 Boxster with a CDR-210 radio. THe face plate comes off and there is an 18 digit number on the back.

I'm having a problem with my drivers side window not lowering when the door handle is lifted. The key remote only opens the passenger door. The drivers door has to be opened with the key. Anyway, I need to remove the door panel and want to disconnect the battery before removing the panel because of he airbag.

• Moderators

I forget how to display the serial number on a 210, it is easy on a 220. The sticker on the back of the face plate is not the serial number.

Try this. Push the tone button then immediately push 8 and 0 at the same time and the display should show BECKER. Then push the tuning togle button up until you see serial number. Then press the right arrow key.

Or pull the radio and look at the sticker.

Then PM me with the last 4 digitis of the serial number.

Put the window in the 1/2 position then pull up and down on the window glass. If it moves then you have a bad regulator. If the drivers door lock does not work with the remote then it is probably the lock solenoid.