Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

99 Euro GT3 Club Sport Specs?

JimB

Rumor has it that there might be a Euro MK1 GT3 Club Sport racing in PCA stock C next year. A 99 I think. Can you guys give me the lowdown on this car or guide me to a site with detailed information? I'm curious how it will match up to my 3.6L X51 C2. Thanks. Jim

• 1 month later...

Jim - when I read your post I had to join this forum/site. That's no rumor about a 1999 GT3 Clubsport joining PCA Stock C because I just checked my garage and sure enough, the car is sitting there ready to race. Well almost, we're dyno testing a GT3 Cup exhaust on the car next week -- then it will be ready to race.

I'm the owner of the car -- but it didn't arrive until Oct 12, so how did you hear about it a month in advance such that you posted this query in Sept 2005? Spooky.

Check out my website at www.euro-rs.com and you'll get a better understanding of my side hobby of importing rare Euro-spec Porsche's into the US for PCA members. I'll be racing the GT3 at TWS, Mid-Ohio, Watkins Glen, Mosport, VIR and maybe Road America in PCA next year.....might even sneak the car out to the October NASA race at Infinion (great event, but a long haul from down here in Texas!)

The other guy(s) are correct that the GT3 is competely different animal from the regular 996. I considered the X51 route, but the 996 motors are derived from the Boxster design (street production) while the GT3 motor is a race derived motor -- they have very different tolerances for track abuse, etc. Joel Reiser (PCA Technical) can fill you in, but the GT3 (if taken care of) is virtually bullet proof. I race a GT3 Cup last year and had fun, but the $5K-$7K weekend race bills got to be too much. The Mark 1 GT3 was the perfect answer -- GT3 performance on a "working man's budget" and Stock C offers a fairly good field of competition (althought not as much as Stock F). I tested a new suspension set-up in the car last Saturday and couldn't stop grinning -- and we're just getting started with the sorting prior to the 2006 season.

I think I'll keep her.