Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

CDR-23 Clicking Noise

I got in my car today and the CDR-23 was making a clicking noise. The radio was not on, and I had not yet put the key in the ignition. I pressed the eject button and the CD ejected, and the noise stopped. I put the CD back in, and all seemed fine. At the conclusion of my prior drive I had the radio on but I was not listening to the CD. I did not shut the radio; I just turned off the car.

I thought it might be an isolated incident, but the next time I got in the car, the same noise was happening. So for now I have removed the CD and left it out of the CDR-23.

Has anyone seen this behavior before? Is this a common failure?

In case it matters, the car is an 04 C4S.

I got in my car today and the CDR-23 was making a clicking noise. The radio was not on, and I had not yet put the key in the ignition. I pressed the eject button and the CD ejected, and the noise stopped. I put the CD back in, and all seemed fine. At the conclusion of my prior drive I had the radio on but I was not listening to the CD. I did not shut the radio; I just turned off the car.

I thought it might be an isolated incident, but the next time I got in the car, the same noise was happening. So for now I have removed the CD and left it out of the CDR-23.

Has anyone seen this behavior before? Is this a common failure?

In case it matters, the car is an 04 C4S.

It happens to mine all the time, I initially thought it was the aircon but later found out that it is the CDR-23 'preparing' itself, calibrating the laser etc.

Sometimes its a few seconds but I did have it calibrating for a entire lap of Snetterton (race circuit in England).....quite annoying!

Damian

I got in my car today and the CDR-23

It happens to mine all the time, I initially thought it was the aircon but later found out that it is the CDR-23 'preparing' itself, calibrating the laser etc.

Sometimes its a few seconds but I did have it calibrating for a entire lap of Snetterton (race circuit in England).....quite annoying!

Damian

Interesting. I imagine then that it starts right when I unlock/open the doors (I am assuming this because that is when power is applied to the radio and the light around the power knob begins to glow). This is not a big concern. I was worried that it was doing it the entire time that the car was off and that it would run down the battery.

Thanks for the info.