Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

a 964 c4

911quik

i am looking at a 1990 964 carrera 4 with 100,000 miles and the infamous oil leak, the heater also does not work. He is asking 17,000 but i think it is too much. what your opinion what is a good offer and what will it take to repair the car?

Edited by 911quik

• 7 months later...
i am looking at a 1990 964 carrera 4 with 100,000 miles and the infamous oil leak, the heater also does not work. He is asking 17,000 but i think it is too much. what your opinion what is a good offer and what will it take to repair the car?

I have a 1990 C4 Cab with 71,000 miles and it has developed over time an oil leak probably due to the failure of the engine long bolt o-rings. Other than that it is is excellent shape. I have considered selling my car but instead shall have the engine rebuilt, new bearings and valve stems, gaskets, etc. Probable cost $10,000. I would guess you should consider a $10,000 deduction +. I would not even recommend making an offer until you had an expert check out the car for you and you get to look at the full service history of this car. Good luck but be careful.

Fhegner