Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

How do you get to the Fog Lights?

OK I changed out my fog lights in my 996 to match the Litronics in color and brightness.. So I thought I would do the same for the Cayenne.. ok out comes the manual.. takes a H11.. ok nice pics on how to change all bulbs accept the fog lights!! Anyone have one burn out yet, and if so how the hell do you get to the thing.. does the whole bottom black piece have to come off?

Haven't tried it yet, but couldn't you access the fog lights by removing the head light assembly? The manual shows it to be an easy task to remove the head light unit. Once done, I would think there's a big gap which will allow you to get to the fogs.

OK. I tried accessing the fog lights by simply removing the head light assembly...2 minutes. Very easy. It does works. Who ever told you is doing it the hard way. There's a special tool to remove the headlight. Takes 5 sec to pop out the lights. You can clearly see the foglight down the bottom. Just reach down and replace bulb.

Done!

As a matter of fact, if you have small enough hands, the side lights can be changed out to the clear lights the same way. No need to go through the steps of removing the fender liner, etc...

Edited by nsxtc

I found another access point. The one through the headlight is too small for most people.

If you look under the front where the fog light is, you'll see the thick torson bar that goes across from one side of the wheels to the other. Right in front of the torson bar is a squarish plastic molding. It is held on by philips head screws. Its the only piece under the car in this area that has phillips head screws. There's five screws total...three underneath and two more in the fender well. Remove these five screws and then the molding. This will give you full access to change your fogs as well as side markers. Turn the fog light counter clock wise (looking from the back of the lights) to loosen.

Makes sense they designed it like this to make quick change of bulbs easily accessible. It takes only minutes to remove these screws. I did it with my steering wheel straight. There's room in the fender well for a short phillip. You can always turn the wheels for better access.

Hope this helps.

Edited by nsxtc