Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Door Speakers/Connectors

Hi

I think i may have posted this problem before, heres hoping someone can help. :help: I want to fit door speakers but there are no cables fitted. I want to put the cable through the connector on the doors, part # 999.702.259.40 'EPDM'. However i need to get the pins and sockets that fit into the connector. It dosnt appear to be available from porsche, anybody any ideas of where to source them. Could these be 'litton' or amp connectors?. I hope this makes sense. :eek:

Any help would be really appreciated.

nick

post-6887-1144355298_thumb.jpg

post-6887-1144355315_thumb.jpg

sorry, i don't know anything about adding door speakers, but i do question why you would add them instead of an excellent quality subwoofer.

i'm not sure which year your car is, etc. but i'm guessing that you do not have the M490 HiFi sound package which includes a 4x40 amp, and the door subs in addition to the dash speakers. so, in the M490 package the door speakers are only subwoofers. which brings me to my question again, why not just get a good sub and leave the doors alone? the sound quality would be much better and it would be much less of a hassle than tearing apart your doors, finding connectors, etc.

please don't take this the wrong way. if you really want to put door speakers in, go for it. but i just wanted to point out an alternative that may make you just as happy, or even more.

personally, i would get a good quality amp, dash speakers and a custom boxster sub.

good luck in whatever you decide!

sorry, i don't know anything about adding door speakers, but i do question why you would add them instead of an excellent quality subwoofer.

i'm not sure which year your car is, etc. but i'm guessing that you do not have the M490 HiFi sound package which includes a 4x40 amp, and the door subs in addition to the dash speakers. so, in the M490 package the door speakers are only subwoofers. which brings me to my question again, why not just get a good sub and leave the doors alone? the sound quality would be much better and it would be much less of a hassle than tearing apart your doors, finding connectors, etc.

please don't take this the wrong way. if you really want to put door speakers in, go for it. but i just wanted to point out an alternative that may make you just as happy, or even more.

personally, i would get a good quality amp, dash speakers and a custom boxster sub.

good luck in whatever you decide!

I agree, recently I upgrade my dashboard speakers and I was going to upgrade my door speakers too.

But then after removing dash speakers and while testing.. realized door speakers are subwoofers... If I didn't test them I could a ruin my sound setup. Just upgrading my dashboard speakers did improve sound quality. next project, rear speaker... because there are non right now. :lol:

Edited by vfxbox

I agree, recently I upgrade my dashboard speakers and I was going to upgrade my door speakers too.

But then after removing dash speakers and while testing.. realized door speakers are subwoofers... If I didn't test them I could a ruin my sound setup. Just upgrading my dashboard speakers did improve sound quality. next project, rear speaker... because there are non right now. :lol:

which speakers did you put in the dash, how much $$$, and how difficult was the install? just curious...

which speakers did you put in the dash, how much $$$, and how difficult was the install? just curious...

you can put any 4" speaker with custom adapter I designed, it sucks to upgrade dash speaker. Because porsche/nokia uses custom designed bracket and no speaker will hold it. So I had to come up with new bracket and I send it out to laser cut for me. you can purchase this bracket here in renntech special offer section.

996/986 custom speaker adapter/bracket.