Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

problem with cd changer instalation

hi everybody

i wanted to install the cd changer i bought a few months ago ..but im puzzled now because there doesent seem to be anywhere to connect it!! i have removed the pcm but all the connections are used by other connectors and are not compatible anyway.

i bought a silverstone 2630 and want to connect it to my pcm1. my car is a 99 996c2 coupe..anybody got any ideas? toolpants? i posted a question asking if it was compatible before i bought it and toolpants said it was..am i missing somthing?

thanks in advance

• Moderators

I have not hooked up the changer to PCM1, but I think it is the same as the standard radio.

The changer wiring harness should have a green and blue plug. Blue goes to C3 and green to C2, which should be next to a yellow plug that is C1.

Next pic is the standard radio and you can see the green and blue changer plugs in.

Last pic is the back of a PCM unit, and I have put green and blue lines to where I think the changer plugs go.

If my PCM1 pic is correct and you already have something in C2 and C3, then do you have aux-in or a phone or something?

post-4-1149359087_thumb.jpg

post-4-1149359209_thumb.jpg

post-4-1149361106_thumb.jpg

I have not hooked up the changer to PCM1, but I think it is the same as the standard radio.

The changer wiring harness should have a green and blue plug. Green goes to C2 and blue to C3, which should be next to a yellow plug that is C1.

Next pic is the standard radio and you can see the green and blue changer plugs in.

Last pic is the back of a PCM unit, and I have put green and yellow lines to where I think the changer plugs go.

If my PCM1 pic is correct and you already have something in C2 and C3, then do you have aux-in or a phone or something?

thanks toolpants...it was my mistake. i didnt realise that the blue and green plugs fit next to the yellow plug...i just didnt give it enough attention before asking for help :oops: ill connect it up tomorrow and let you know how it works

thanks again for your help. :cheers: