Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Cupholder Mod?

I have a '00 C4 and would like to know if the in-dash cup holder from the '02's can replace the 4 CD holder in the console. Has anyone done it, can it be done? One footnote, I have DSP in the bottom most position in the console. If not, is there another place the cup holders can go? And, does it require much work? Thanks in advance for your advice.

Pat

• Moderators

With enough money you can do anything to a car.

But you cannot buy the cupholders that came out in 2002 and just put them in your car. I call this the 3rd style. Not only are several parts different but the air duct will not allow it. This is a picture of the 2003 C4S we took apart on Saturday.

You cannot put in the 2nd style cupholders - the 2 thing that just popped straight out as you have DSP and there is no room.

You are therefore left with the original side air vent style (1st style) that started in the 1997 Boxster. Jeff

Armand_092.sized.jpg

• 1 month later...

I guess I am a bit slow... :( but I am still unsure if I can mount a cup holder in the lower part of my dash. If I don't care about what it blocks (controls, etc.) can I still fit it in without serious modifications? I have the DSP unit on the bottom of the dash stack and would like to put the cup holder right above it or move the radio head unit down to this spot and put the Cup Holder below the heater controls that are at the top..... has anyone done this? can it be done easily (just install it??) Thank you

:help:

Edited by turbosteve

• Moderators

Just above your DSP you have a storage bin or the tape or cd storage shelf - 'the spot.' Your radio is just above the spot.

Neither the cupholders or radio will fit in the spot as the spot too small.

The spots for the radio and heater controls are larger because they are DIN sized.