Call for Donations - All new donations go towards our 2014 operating expenses. Please consider an ANNUAL donation to help keep this site operating. Click here to Donate

Photo

radio/nav removal

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 us4736

us4736

• Members
  • 5 posts
Neutral

Posted April 27, 2008 - 05:35 PM

hi i have 04 C4S with navigation and radio in the same unit . i removed the CD storage tray and face plate and made a carbon fiber face to fit the XM unit into but i can't find anything on how to remove the nav/radio unit .i have to get in their to unplug the ant . i looked in the DIY section but no luck i don't want to just start prying at things .anybody know of a link on how to remove radio ,i tried the search but could'nt find anything

#2 salayc

salayc

Contributing Member

• Contributing Members
  • 32 posts
Neutral

Posted April 28, 2008 - 06:32 AM

hi i have 04 C4S with navigation and radio in the same unit . i removed the CD storage tray and face plate and made a carbon fiber face to fit the XM unit into but i can't find anything on how to remove the nav/radio unit .i have to get in their to unplug the ant . i looked in the DIY section but no luck i don't want to just start prying at things .anybody know of a link on how to remove radio ,i tried the search but could'nt find anything

Is the '04 Becker? You can get radio removal tools directly from them or, I purchased mine on Ebay for $5.

#3 us4736

us4736

• Members
  • 5 posts
Neutral

Posted April 28, 2008 - 10:50 AM

i'am not sure who makes it ,would it say becker on it somewhere?

#4 wross996TT

wross996TT

Contributing Member

• Contributing Members
  • 1,127 posts
Excellent

Posted April 28, 2008 - 12:57 PM

I wish I could remember for you, but it was several years ago. Mine came out quite easily without any tools...I have an 04. Found this: Removing display and operator control unit (PCM 2) Note If the PCM is replaced by a new or a different PCM, read out the data with the Porsche System Tester before removal. => Teaching display and operator control unit (PCM 2) Switch ignition off and remove ignition key. 1. Unclip switch cover from below using a plastic spatula and disconnect electrical plug connections. 2. Insert a hexagon?socket wrench sideways into the screw connection of the PCM detent hooks. 3. Close the detents (2 each side) with the hexagon?socket wrench ?A? and carefully pull out the PCM. 4. For re?installation, open the detents with the hexagon?socket wrench ?B? .

Attached Thumbnails

• 1.jpg
  • 2.jpg

Edited by wross996TT, April 28, 2008 - 01:06 PM.

Statman
2004 996TT Cab triple black
Go Buffs!
Fight On!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

The RennTech.org site is Member supported!   Make an ANNUAL donation to RennTech.org    Make an ANNUAL donation to RennTech.org