Notice - There are less than 4 weeks left until our annual server lease is due for renewal - and we are currently at 84% of funds needed to renew.
Please donate to help keep this site running -- donate here.

Call for Donations - All new donations go towards our 2014-2015 operating expenses. Please consider an ANNUAL donation to help keep this site operating. Click here to Donate

Photo

radio/nav removal

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 us4736

us4736

• Members
  • 5 posts
Neutral

Posted April 27, 2008 - 05:35 PM

hi i have 04 C4S with navigation and radio in the same unit . i removed the CD storage tray and face plate and made a carbon fiber face to fit the XM unit into but i can't find anything on how to remove the nav/radio unit .i have to get in their to unplug the ant . i looked in the DIY section but no luck i don't want to just start prying at things .anybody know of a link on how to remove radio ,i tried the search but could'nt find anything

#2 salayc

salayc

Contributing Member

• Contributing Members
  • 32 posts
Neutral

Posted April 28, 2008 - 06:32 AM

hi i have 04 C4S with navigation and radio in the same unit . i removed the CD storage tray and face plate and made a carbon fiber face to fit the XM unit into but i can't find anything on how to remove the nav/radio unit .i have to get in their to unplug the ant . i looked in the DIY section but no luck i don't want to just start prying at things .anybody know of a link on how to remove radio ,i tried the search but could'nt find anything

Is the '04 Becker? You can get radio removal tools directly from them or, I purchased mine on Ebay for $5.

#3 us4736

us4736

• Members
  • 5 posts
Neutral

Posted April 28, 2008 - 10:50 AM

i'am not sure who makes it ,would it say becker on it somewhere?

#4 wross996TT

wross996TT

Contributing Member

• Contributing Members
  • 1,155 posts
Excellent

Posted April 28, 2008 - 12:57 PM

I wish I could remember for you, but it was several years ago. Mine came out quite easily without any tools...I have an 04. Found this: Removing display and operator control unit (PCM 2) Note If the PCM is replaced by a new or a different PCM, read out the data with the Porsche System Tester before removal. => Teaching display and operator control unit (PCM 2) Switch ignition off and remove ignition key. 1. Unclip switch cover from below using a plastic spatula and disconnect electrical plug connections. 2. Insert a hexagon−socket wrench sideways into the screw connection of the PCM detent hooks. 3. Close the detents (2 each side) with the hexagon−socket wrench −A− and carefully pull out the PCM. 4. For re−installation, open the detents with the hexagon−socket wrench −B− .

Attached Thumbnails

• 1.jpg
    - Zoom Active -
  • 2.jpg
    - Zoom Active -

Edited by wross996TT, April 28, 2008 - 01:06 PM.

Statman
2004 996TT Cab triple black
Go Buffs!
Fight On!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

The RennTech.org site is Member supported!   Make an ANNUAL donation to RennTech.org    Make an ANNUAL donation to RennTech.org