Call for Donations - All new donations go towards our 2014 operating expenses. Please consider an ANNUAL donation to help keep this site operating. Click here to Donate

Photo

Navigation Part numbers for 06 997

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 clubcoupe43

clubcoupe43

• Members
  • 4 posts
Neutral

Posted August 29, 2008 - 09:33 AM

Looking to retrofit Navigation into my 06 Carrera S with PCM/Telephone module. What parts are needed, I've come up with the following: Navigation DVD player (possible part number 997.642.137.02) Optical cable (possible part number of 997.622.713.00) Antenna GPS (997.642.105.00?) DVD maps and updates anything else? Will I need to upgrade the PCM with part number 997.044.901.34, seems like the PCM is the largest cost in this part number, will the original work? thank you in advance

#2 Loren

Loren

Porsche Nut

• Admin
  • 28,203 posts
Outstanding

Posted August 29, 2008 - 10:26 AM

There is a TSB for this complete install. Actually there are two TSBs depending on the build date of your car. Be careful - 997.044.901.34 is only for MY07 cars built after week 22 of 2006. You will also need the correct fiber optic cable kit fot the options that are currently in your car.

Loren

RennTech.org

PCA member since 1978

My Mods in the Registry

Has someone helped you with a good solution to your question(s)? If so, give them a reputation point by clicking the rep_up.png arrow at the bottom right corner of any post.

#3 clubcoupe43

clubcoupe43

• Members
  • 4 posts
Neutral

Posted August 30, 2008 - 01:09 AM

There is a TSB for this complete install.
Actually there are two TSBs depending on the build date of your car.
Be careful - 997.044.901.34 is only for MY07 cars built after week 22 of 2006.
You will also need the correct fiber optic cable kit fot the options that are currently in your car.

Car was built November 2005, so I guess they looked up the wrong number. Do I have to replace the existing PCM in the car? How do I get copies of the two TSBs? thanks

#4 Loren

Loren

Porsche Nut

• Admin
  • 28,203 posts
Outstanding

Posted August 30, 2008 - 05:55 AM

There is a TSB for this complete install.
Actually there are two TSBs depending on the build date of your car.
Be careful - 997.044.901.34 is only for MY07 cars built after week 22 of 2006.
You will also need the correct fiber optic cable kit fot the options that are currently in your car.

Car was built November 2005, so I guess they looked up the wrong number. Do I have to replace the existing PCM in the car? How do I get copies of the two TSBs? thanks
How to become a Contributing Member

Loren

RennTech.org

PCA member since 1978

My Mods in the Registry

Has someone helped you with a good solution to your question(s)? If so, give them a reputation point by clicking the rep_up.png arrow at the bottom right corner of any post.

#5 berty987

berty987

Contributing Member

• Contributing Members
  • 628 posts
Neutral

Posted September 04, 2008 - 02:43 AM

Fitting the navigation drive and GPS antennae is relatively straight forward. You will probably also need the navigation drive bracket for the front trunk , as well as the optical MOST cable that links the PCM with the navigation drive and a power cable lead for the navigation drive. There is also a cable to link the GPS puk with the navigation drive. Your PCM may well be old software ie version 1 or 2 , this will need updating to version 3 to allow the new maps and navigation to work correctly. This software is usually bundled with the MAP DVD from the dealer.

2004 987 S LHD Artic Silver, Full leather pack, Ocean Blue interior, Cruise, PCM2.1 , Telephone module, Bi Xenon Lights, 19" Carrera Techno Alloys, PASM , Sport Chrono Packet Plus , Electric Seats , Heated Seats , Climate upgrade , BOSE sound system, CDR22 6 disk changer, Multifunction Steering Wheel , Colured Wheel Centres , Space Saver Spare Wheel ,

#6 donlycan

donlycan

Contributing Member

• Contributing Members
  • 191 posts
Neutral

Posted September 10, 2008 - 01:44 PM

When purchasing the fibre optic cable, it is wise to buy the one for Bose (if you have) and cd changer. I've had this retrofit done (I bought the parts) and that was the reccomendation of the Porsche dealer parts man. I was well pleased with that suggestion as I later added the changer. I paid just under $2000 for all the parts for my '06 997. donlycan

#7 clubcoupe43

clubcoupe43

• Members
  • 4 posts
Neutral

Posted September 11, 2008 - 07:23 AM

Are the locations for the junctions of the Optical cable, etc obvious or are they hidden? Also, is a PCM update required, that is, is there a navigation PCM and non-navigation PCM? Do you have to do anything inside the console as far as cable connections? How did you acquire the correct part numbers and if you get parts that were manufactured after the purchase date of the car, will that require additional work? What about the horizontal vs. vertical DVD Drives; I understand if you use a horizontal drive in a vertical position, it causes some GPS issues, but what about a vertical drive for the horizontal position assuming that I can't acquire a horizontal drive for a good price?

#8 YseanY

YseanY

• Members
  • 23 posts
Neutral

Posted October 01, 2008 - 10:54 AM

I just went through my install and you need make sure you get the right parts! do you have a C4 or C2? C4 takes vertical mounts and the C2 takes horizontal mounts. also, with or without bose? with or without CD changer I believe the PCM is all the same and works with the Navi, no need to update, but this i'm not sure. hope this helps! C2 without BOSE 997.622.707.00 Optical waveguide, without CD changer 997.622.715.00 Optical waveguide, with CD changer C2 with BOSE 997.622.710.00 Optical waveguide, without CD changer 997.622.713.00 Optical waveguide, with CD changer C4 without BOSE 997.622.722.00 Optical waveguide, without CD changer 997.622.725.00 Optical waveguide, with CD changer C4 (997) with BOSE 997.622.717.00 Optical waveguide, without CD changer 997.622.720.00 Optical waveguide, with CD changer

#9 leocanto

leocanto

Contributing Member

• Contributing Members
  • 37 posts
Neutral

Posted July 14, 2010 - 07:59 AM

Where do I find the TSB for the navigation system? I have been looking at the documents menu but I cannot find.

#10 Loren

Loren

Porsche Nut

• Admin
  • 28,203 posts
Outstanding

Posted July 14, 2010 - 08:13 AM

Where do I find the TSB for the navigation system? I have been looking at the documents menu but I cannot find.

Go here
Type PCM in the Search box at the lower right - you will get 16 TSB results.

Loren

RennTech.org

PCA member since 1978

My Mods in the Registry

#11 olivier.md

olivier.md

Contributing Member

• Contributing Members
  • 1 posts
Neutral

Posted July 20, 2010 - 12:39 AM

Hi all, I gathered all the different pieces to add the Navigation to my PCM 2.1 on a 997-1 C4S but I still have on missing, the holding bracket for the dvd drive. My dealer tells me he need the correct part # to order it. So far I have : Dvd drive: 997 642 157 01 Cables : 997.622.720.00 (Optical waveguide, with CD changer and BOSE) The antenna DVD updates for my PCM and the NAV So i guess i'm missing the bracket to install on top of my bose amplifier in the trunk. Anyone knows the part # ? Think i'm missing anything ? Many thanks

#12 Loren

Loren

Porsche Nut

• Admin
  • 28,203 posts
Outstanding

Posted July 20, 2010 - 05:10 AM

Hi all,

I gathered all the different pieces to add the Navigation to my PCM 2.1 on a 997-1 C4S but I still have on missing, the holding bracket for the dvd drive.

My dealer tells me he need the correct part # to order it.

So far I have :

Dvd drive: 997 642 157 01
Cables : 997.622.720.00 (Optical waveguide, with CD changer and BOSE)
The antenna
DVD updates for my PCM and the NAV

So i guess i'm missing the bracket to install on top of my bose amplifier in the trunk.

Anyone knows the part # ?
Think i'm missing anything ?

Many thanks

:welcome:
There is an installation TSB (available here to our Contributing Members) that lists all the parts.
Plus the fiber optic cables required for your car will vary based on what options you already have.

I suggest becoming a Contributing Member and downloading the 14 page TSB.

Loren

RennTech.org

PCA member since 1978

My Mods in the Registry

#13 saboune

saboune

• Members
  • 1 posts
Neutral

Posted July 27, 2010 - 07:22 AM

How difficult it is to run the fibre optic from the trunk to the PCM? Is the back of the PCM easily accecable?

#14 Loren

Loren

Porsche Nut

• Admin
  • 28,203 posts
Outstanding

Posted July 27, 2010 - 07:44 AM

How difficult it is to run the fibre optic from the trunk to the PCM? Is the back of the PCM easily accecable?

I suggest becoming a Contributing Member and downloading the 14 page TSB.
All the questions are answered in the TSB.

Loren

RennTech.org

PCA member since 1978

My Mods in the Registry

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

The RennTech.org site is Member supported!   Make an ANNUAL donation to RennTech.org    Make an ANNUAL donation to RennTech.org