Call for Donations - All new donations go towards our 2014-2015 operating expenses. Please consider an ANNUAL donation to help keep this site operating. Click here to Donate

Photo

PSM and ABS Failure

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 poleposition

poleposition

• Members
  • 79 posts
Neutral

Posted December 18, 2009 - 09:46 AM

Well, I get this error (PSM Failure, ABS Workshop... something like that), and ABS does not work... stability program does not work also. They told me at the dealership, that the ABS module is fried. Hmmm, ok, but: 1. Is the ABS module controling the PSM also ? 2. Can I use one from a damaged Cayenne, to replace this one ? they are charging close to 1500 eur for a new one... 3. Is it interchangable with what Cayenne Models ? Please advise :) Mine is a 2004 Cayenne Turbo. I've already change parts in amount of allmost 3000 euros in 2 days... jeez, c'mon :huh:

PORSCHE CAYENNE TURBO - PORSCHE GT2 Pending...

#2 Loren

Loren

Porsche Nut

• Admin
  • 28,258 posts
Outstanding

Posted December 18, 2009 - 09:54 AM

1. Yes, they work together 2. Yes, perhaps. The ABS control units have changed several times (5 that I count) and their is a TSB that shows which control unit can be used in which VIN cars. Sp you would need to find a matching donor. 3. See 2. I show a US MSRP of about $700 for the ABS controller so the rest must be labor. You might try to negotiate the labor given your recent costs -- or get an outside quote from an independent shop.

Loren

RennTech.org

PCA member since 1978

My Mods in the Registry

Has someone helped you with a good solution to your question(s)? If so, give them a reputation point by clicking the rep_up.png arrow at the bottom right corner of any post.

#3 poleposition

poleposition

• Members
  • 79 posts
Neutral

Posted December 18, 2009 - 09:58 AM

Ok, thank you very much. :) One more thing please... Is there a way to check my VIN, against other models, to see what other vehicles are compatible with my car, in terms of this ABS module ? A site or whatever... I suspect the dealer to overcharge my bills :unsure: edit: what is TSB ?... Sorry i am not familliar with the terms...

Edited by poleposition, December 18, 2009 - 09:59 AM.

#4 Loren

Loren

Porsche Nut

• Admin
  • 28,258 posts
Outstanding

Posted December 18, 2009 - 10:24 AM

See our Glossary link at teh top right of the forum. TSB = Technical Service Bulletin. Porsche issues TSB's for part number changes, installation of options and accessories, approved oils, tires, wheels, etc. Recalls are NOT covered in TSB's.

Loren

RennTech.org

PCA member since 1978

My Mods in the Registry

Has someone helped you with a good solution to your question(s)? If so, give them a reputation point by clicking the rep_up.png arrow at the bottom right corner of any post.

#5 poleposition

poleposition

• Members
  • 79 posts
Neutral

Posted December 18, 2009 - 10:31 AM

Ok, i will check this out. Anyway, is it possible, that only one sensor (on a wheel) could be defective ? and so I get this PSM + ABS Failure message ? And maybe the control unit is fine ?

Edited by poleposition, December 18, 2009 - 10:34 AM.

#6 Loren

Loren

Porsche Nut

• Admin
  • 28,258 posts
Outstanding

Posted December 18, 2009 - 10:42 AM

Fault code(s) please.

Loren

RennTech.org

PCA member since 1978

My Mods in the Registry

#7 wvicary

wvicary

Contributing Member

• Contributing Members
  • 2,888 posts
Excellent

Posted December 18, 2009 - 10:45 AM

If it was a speed sensor you would get a code for whatever sensor was affected. Any ideas what faults codes were recovered?

#8 poleposition

poleposition

• Members
  • 79 posts
Neutral

Posted December 18, 2009 - 11:04 AM

Well... no, the report remained at the dealer, ****. I am under the impression they are screwing with me, this explains maybe all my questions -_- I felt the ABS kicking in, on three wheels, except for one - REAR LEFT ! Of course, the message on the dash is "PSM, ABS Failure...bla bla" Your input is very helpfull, thank you for this :)

Edited by poleposition, December 18, 2009 - 11:05 AM.

#9 Loren

Loren

Porsche Nut

• Admin
  • 28,258 posts
Outstanding

Posted December 18, 2009 - 11:09 AM

Ask them for the exact Porsche fault codes and report them here. They will tell us where the problem is.

Loren

RennTech.org

PCA member since 1978

My Mods in the Registry

#10 poleposition

poleposition

• Members
  • 79 posts
Neutral

Posted December 18, 2009 - 11:17 AM

Sure thing, I will ask for the fault report next week. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

The RennTech.org site is Member supported!   Make an ANNUAL donation to RennTech.org    Make an ANNUAL donation to RennTech.org