Call for Donations - All new donations go towards our 2014 operating expenses. Please consider an ANNUAL donation to help keep this site operating. Click here to Donate

Photo

code p1800 and p1600

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 valleyfred

valleyfred

• Members
  • 10 posts
Neutral

Posted August 18, 2010 - 02:28 PM

check engine light on codes p1800 and p1600 crankshaft position correlation bank 1 and 2 sensor upper limit value exceeded can the piwis perform an adaptation between camshaft and crankshaft has anybody come across this problem any help will be appreciated

#2 Loren

Loren

Porsche Nut

• Admin
  • 27,661 posts
Outstanding

Posted August 18, 2010 - 03:51 PM

Can we get the exact model and year please?

Loren

RennTech.org

PCA member since 1978

My Mods in the Registry

Has someone helped you with a good solution to your question(s)? If so, give them a reputation point by clicking the rep_up.png arrow at the bottom right corner of any post.

#3 valleyfred

valleyfred

• Members
  • 10 posts
Neutral

Posted August 18, 2010 - 07:04 PM

year 2007 997 twin turbo

#4 Loren

Loren

Porsche Nut

• Admin
  • 27,661 posts
Outstanding

Posted August 18, 2010 - 08:16 PM

P1600 CAN timeout PSM - open circuit Possible fault cause - Wiring harness - PSM control module not connected - PSM control module faulty Note: - If all CAN bus faults are stored, there must be a short circuit in the CAN bus wiring. - If one CAN bus fault is stored, the cruise control system is out of order. - CAN bus faults may be caused by a control module reset. The fault is then indicated as "Not present".

Loren

RennTech.org

PCA member since 1978

My Mods in the Registry

Has someone helped you with a good solution to your question(s)? If so, give them a reputation point by clicking the rep_up.png arrow at the bottom right corner of any post.

#5 valleyfred

valleyfred

• Members
  • 10 posts
Neutral

Posted August 19, 2010 - 09:38 AM

loren we got these codes with durametric and i call them they said that the codes are obd2 codes the story is that the engine came to us in boxes we put it together got it running last week the right side of the engine was together so we time the engine with dial indicators we are thinking that the timing is off we were monitoring the camshaft angle at idle and we saw 10 degrees on the right side and 8 degrees on the left side we will be doing some more testing today where can we get specs on the variocam plus what is the factory specs at idle ,off idle and full throttle this way we can compare and see what is wrong thanks in advance

year 2007 997 twin turbo

#6 Loren

Loren

Porsche Nut

• Admin
  • 27,661 posts
Outstanding

Posted August 19, 2010 - 11:19 AM

I do not have P1800 on any of my lists are you sure it isn't P1810 or something else? The P1600 is a CAN communication error which should not be related to the camshaft issues. Always best to triple check the timing - if it goes off too far the results are not pretty.

Loren

RennTech.org

PCA member since 1978

My Mods in the Registry

#7 valleyfred

valleyfred

• Members
  • 10 posts
Neutral

Posted August 20, 2010 - 10:49 AM

we just checked with an obd2 scanner and this are the codes we found p0016 and p0018 position of crankshaft in relation to camshaft the question is again can the piwis do a camshaft adaptation we got the information from alldata will be doing more diagnostic work today when we have more time

I do not have P1800 on any of my lists are you sure it isn't P1810 or something else?
The P1600 is a CAN communication error which should not be related to the camshaft issues.

Always best to triple check the timing - if it goes off too far the results are not pretty.

Edited by valleyfred, August 20, 2010 - 10:50 AM.

#8 Loren

Loren

Porsche Nut

• Admin
  • 27,661 posts
Outstanding

Posted August 20, 2010 - 11:00 AM

P0016 Position of crankshaft in relation to intake camshaft P0018 Position of crankshaft in relation to intake camshaft Note: These faults are entered if there is a permanent deviation from the nominal value of 10° camshaft angle. Possible fault causes: - Camshaft sensor faulty (internal phase shift) - Solenoid valve for camshaft adjustment soiled (does not close fully) - Timing set incorrectly I don't know if PIWIS can do this - never tried. Perhaps RFM knows?

Loren

RennTech.org

PCA member since 1978

My Mods in the Registry

#9 valleyfred

valleyfred

• Members
  • 10 posts
Neutral

Posted October 07, 2010 - 11:16 AM

after checking the timing of the cams we found it to be a few deegres off reset cam timing and codes went away

P0016 Position of crankshaft in relation to intake camshaft
P0018 Position of crankshaft in relation to intake camshaft
Note: These faults are entered if there is a permanent deviation from the nominal value of 10° camshaft angle.

Possible fault causes:
- Camshaft sensor faulty (internal phase shift)
- Solenoid valve for camshaft adjustment soiled (does not close fully)
- Timing set incorrectly

I don't know if PIWIS can do this - never tried. Perhaps RFM knows?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

The RennTech.org site is Member supported!   Make an ANNUAL donation to RennTech.org    Make an ANNUAL donation to RennTech.org