Notice - There are less than 3 weeks left until our annual server lease is due for renewal - and we are currently at 94% of funds needed to renew.
Please donate to help keep this site running -- donate here.

Call for Donations - All new donations go towards our 2014-2015 operating expenses. Please consider an ANNUAL donation to help keep this site operating. Click here to Donate

Photo

981/991 Inflatable Spare Tire

spare

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 JimE

JimE

• Members
  • 2 posts
Neutral

Posted August 23, 2013 - 09:50 AM

Does anyone have Tech Data on the use of the 981/991 P/N 99136202000 emergency spare tire? I have seen the parts in the PET Catalog, but I have not seen any installation or use instructions. I have talked to several dealers. They said that he never heard of a spare tire for the 981 Boxster. All on the parts are listed in the PET Catalog for the 981 Boxster and 991 911. I have seen the parts in the Porsche catalog.

#2 Loren

Loren

Porsche Nut

• Admin
  • 28,463 posts
Outstanding

Posted August 23, 2013 - 10:05 AM

spare.png

- Zoom Active -

You need both the emergency (only) spare tire 991 362 020 00 and the compressor for that tire 997 652 055 00.

Remove the emergency spare tire and inflate it using the compressor. Then use it to replace your flat tire.

I suspect it would need to be deflated again to return it to the trunk.

Loren

RennTech.org

PCA member since 1978

My Mods in the Registry

Has someone helped you with a good solution to your question(s)? If so, give them a reputation point by clicking the rep_up.png arrow at the bottom right corner of any post.

#3 JimE

JimE

• Members
  • 2 posts
Neutral

Posted August 24, 2013 - 12:51 PM

Thanks, I knew that much about the inflatable spare tire. I was wondering if anyone has bought one for the 981 Boxster. There is also a Styrofoam mold that holds the tools and jack. I could not determine if it went in the front or rear trunk. Also I heard there were restrictions the inflatable tire could be used only on the front axle. This is why I wondered if there was any written information on this spare since it is not covered in the owner’s manual. All it talked about is fix a flat in a can. My dealer mechanic tells me the spare is not available for the 2013 Boxster.

#4 boxsternoob56

boxsternoob56

• Members
  • 1 posts
Neutral

Posted August 24, 2013 - 03:29 PM

even if there was an inflatable tyre, where would you put the puntured one...there's not enough room in either front or rear boot and I think you'd struggle to put it in the passenger seat too....

#5 cabriolet

cabriolet

• Members
  • 2 posts
Neutral

Posted October 29, 2013 - 05:17 PM

some mideastern countries apparently require a spare tire - it's probably removed and discarded on arrival at the dealer, but required at import. suggest looking at the configurator for various countries in that region to see where the tire is included, and then email a dealer there for info.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

The RennTech.org site is Member supported!   Make an ANNUAL donation to RennTech.org    Make an ANNUAL donation to RennTech.org