Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Just rolled 100K miles and still loving it!

I have had my '04 CTT for a little over a year and a half now and despite a few little flaws, it is still the best vehicle I've ever owned! Thanks to my membership here, I have also saved over a thousand dollars in repairs. Here she is at the top of Guardsmans Pass in Utah right as it rolled 100,000 miles.

post-65657-0-25814200-1342196850_thumb.j

post-65657-0-81544000-1342196879_thumb.j

My Cayenne has been very reliable. What milage did you get the vehicle at?

Just an observation, my temp never passes the 180 mark.

yes for freeway driving but he's doing low speed "offroad" driving i guess it's normal

yes for freeway driving but he's doing low speed "offroad" driving i guess it's normal

No matter the driving conditions my temp never moves off the 180 mark even with the AC on full chat and climbing hills. I would just make sure everything is up to par.

No matter the driving conditions my temp never moves off the 180 mark even with the AC on full chat and climbing hills. I would just make sure everything is up to par.

I picked it up with 82K miles on it. Did the coolant pipe check of course and it has been taken care of. I had just done 4 miles of dirt road (not really 4 wheeling) with the A/C blasting. Notice 75 degrees at 9700 ft. elevation! It was a very hot day! As we came down Big Cottonwood Canyon on the other side, every 1000 ft of drop=10 degree increase in outside temperature. By the time we hit the Salt Lake valley floor (~5000' ele) it was 105 outside. I've got to schedule the 100K maintenance interval so I will have things looked at then. I've got an indy shop close, but they don't have a PIWIS to check the codes. I've got a Durametric, and I am not getting any cooling related codes. My local dealership is pretty decent so maybe I'll have them look into it. Any idea what the average cost of that service interval should be?

I have the same ride and live in Utah. My car runs about that hot anytime I get in the upper elevations. If I drive up to Snowbird, especially at slower speeds it will get hot. Weird thing is I can run over 100mph over Parleys without the temp needle moving. That's even after having to slow down to 50 because I just got cut off by a semi.

How do you get the direction to show up on the left side of the gauge? Gotta look into that.

the slower you go the less air flow will cool down your hot radiator

however if you turn on your A/C, both the electrical cooling fans will be forced on and the temp won't go up that much even if you are driving at a lower speed

Edited by TopGun2000