Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

collapsed drivers seat

The drivers seat (rhd) in my 01' S seems to have collapsed, Theres very little lower support unlike in the passenger seat..

By feeling around underneath it I can noticed the foams come out little, i can pop it back up but it still falls down next time i sit in it

(im no fat *** lol 76kg)

What can i do to fix it??

Was thinking about removing the front seat but wasnt to sure if its advisable due to the tension of the bolts, is there an easy way to remove the seat?

Not sure if you's can see it in the image

15022007005rl8.jpg

Cheers :)

I have the same problem in my 00' S !

A couple of weeks ago I removed my drivers side seat (rhs) because there was a strange clicking noise in the seat when I stopped and started.

Did find that the pins in the lift cylinder are slightly loose and allow the seat to move slighly.

When the seat was out I noticed a small amount of foam crumbs under the rear right hand side of the seat. This turned out to be from the seat foam coming free from the under side of the seat.

I looked closer and found that some of the straps are loose under the seat.

It would be good if someone know's of a way to repair this problem.

The 4 bolts that hold the seat down are tight, but do come out. With the roof down the seat comes out easy!

Cheers

Stew

You need an E12 Torx socket to remove the seat bolts (but, in a pinch, it can be done with the proper size hex socket). The tightening torque is about 60 lb-ft. Before the seat can be removed, you must unplug the wiring harness. The plug has a latch which pulls out to one side to allow the harness to be removed. DO NOT remove the wiring harness with the key in the ignition. This will set the air-bag light on the dash and it will require a trip to the dealer to turn it off again.

Thanks Fellas, saved me a days worth of headache there

I'll head out and grab that socket, the bolts are incredibly tight, dont want to round the bolt using a hex piece

Will post pics when i get the seat out

Cheers

Edited by 911-996

Finally tracked down an E12 torx socket, didnt realise they'd be so hard to find

Got back, unbolted and removed the seat, only to find the problem isnt so easily visible

Stew did you manage to find where the little wire clips hook onto?

Attached are some pics

Cheers

16022007006zx8.jpg

16022007006zx8.jpg

16022007010od3.jpg

Edited by 911-996

No Probs, I think ive sorted it out

Pushed the wire back up behind the plastic and pushed the metal hook in the last pic back into the foam

Feels ok now and seems to take a bit of bouncing around with out it poping back out, will see how it goes

Thx fellas :)