Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Bose Sub amp wiring

Amps changed brand and outputs over the years - so you will need to be more specific as to what amp from what model and year car.

Oh, sorry Loren. It is a 2002 Carrera with the Bose system. There is a big Bose amp and a little tag a long subwoofer amp attached to it. At one point here I found an old post where somebody (Probably you) posted a wiring or pin out diagram for the little subwoofer amp.

• 5 months later...
  • Admin

Anymore info on this BOSE Amplifier .. I too have this little Subwoofer Amplifer and need to know more about the pin out -

Is there another page to this diagram that shows more about the connections ??

THANK YOU !!

:welcome:

Sorry, no one here can help you without the model, year of your car, and the option number for the radio/amp you have (usually either M490 or M680).

My apologies Loren ...

I am retro fitting a Bose Sub box and amp into a 1999 996. And I have 996.645.341.00 amplifier.

I have the car side of the harness ( cut off from the donor ) and need to see what the wiring functions are.

Thanks in advance for all your help ...

• Admin

My apologies Loren ...

I am retro fitting a Bose Sub box and amp into a 1999 996. And I have 996.645.341.00 amplifier.

I have the car side of the harness ( cut off from the donor ) and need to see what the wiring functions are.

Thanks in advance for all your help ...

BOSE 2002 Amp (996.645.341.00)

post-1-127423504239_thumb.png

• 8 years later...

Hello All,

EDIT: Seems I found nice installation instructions to similar car. Need to have a closer look in it. RCA outputs are driven in to the amp with adapter cable made by moving the line signal cables from 20-pin ISO.

I have the same Bose M680 setup in my 996.2 2002 C2 coupe, but I have the CR-2200 ( Becker) Japanese region radio and need to replace the head unit to get the European stations, but would like to keep the rest as original, if possible.

I was expecting to see the line level outputs used from the Becker head unit (yellow 6-pin connector section of the 20-pin mini ISO), but was surprised, that only the CD-control section was wired and the speaker output lines seem to be connected to the Bose amplifier. From the picture Loren has loaded, I believe the signal input to the amp is to the connectors B3, B5 etc. Unfortunately this picture does not show the head unit side connections.

What is the signal line level I should use to drive the Bose amplifier? I do not have info of the CR-2200 output levels and do not have any info of the Bose amplifier input impedance etc.

I found some info of same age Becker head units, that the output level could be 4x15W. Then if the amp input impedance would be 4ohm, the 2V RCA output should work.

If the input impedance is 2ohm or 1ohm, maybe the RCA of 3V or Hi-Level (5V) outputs are needed.

Any feedback would be helpful.

And if there is schematic of the Head unit end of the M680, I would be interested on that also.

With google search I found a 996TT Bose schematic, but it is totally different and uses the yellow plug signals from HU.

BR,

Jussi