Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Will a GT3 Airbox fit on a C4S?

Will this GT3 Airbox fit (and work) in my C4S?

MVC-019S.JPG

The reason that I am doing this is NOT to try to improve performance. It is to get a Turbo Deck lid and spoiler to fit on my C4S.

It looks like a very similar airbox to the TT, but obviously puts the air into the engine differently.

1125993696-015732.jpg

Here is another GT3 Photo:

MVC-015S.JPG

Here is my car:

dykwfo.jpg

It looks like there might be two problems:

one is the oil filler tube.

The other is the fact that the fuel injector looks canted to the right on my car and it looks like it is headed straight back in the GT3.

Anyone have any comments?

i see you have been trying to do the same task as i have, TT spoiler on the c4s.  any luck so far??

Yes and no.

I got it on the car and it fits on the car just fine. When you close it the two struts that are the hydraulic device that push up the wing (at 75 mph) hit the airbox on the right side and the smog pump on the left side.

Moving the smog pump is easy. I found a bracket that goes with the EVO intake that moves the smog pump. I couldn't figure out if a GT3 or turbo have a smog pump, but that bracket might work also.

Getting the airbox out of the way is tough. I think that I am going to buy an extra airbox and cut the corner off of it in such a way that I can still seal it up.

e04vt1.jpg

Then there are three other problems:

-The fan seems like it is going to rub on the intake rubber tube.

-I will need to cover the hole that was the Turbo intake hole.

-I will need to make a new hole for the C4S intake.

Edited by navin in KC

ha, congrats on the progress.

how much did you get the TT lid for? and is it worth it?  how about an aftermarket one instead?

I got it for $2050, and will probably end up spending at least another $300 making it work.

I think it was best for me because it was already the right color and I like the fact that the wing/spoiler goes up and down.

navin

If the only fit issue is the hydraulics, then this could be good news for any C4S owner looking for a different decklid. I'd have to believe then that the factory Turbo Aerokit rear wing would fit (fixed wing) as well as any aftermarket fixed rear wing. The TechArt Street GT S rear wing I have sold (pending) would also fit. Wow.