I'm wondering what to do next with my -2000 2.7L 986 soft top. It won't open at all.
- Nothing hapens if roof is closed and I press dashboard "open roof"-button. No sound of motor, no click of relay - nothing.
- Handbrake light is lit when handbrake is engaged
- Top works OK to other direction, eg. it closes ok when dashboard button is pressed
- Roof control relay is switched to a brand new relay
- Roof works ok to both directions if I apply 12V to roof motor directly
- There is only 1 microswitch in the latch-mechanism on top of the windscreen. I have read that there should be 2 microswitches - is this always true or are there versions with just 1 microswitch also ?
- Microswitch itself seems to work, I measured it with multimeter and it worked. Also if I open the roof and press microswitch, roof opening stops immediately.
- Windows don't drop at all when I open the latch. But what I have understood, that should be controlled with that second microswitch that I'm missing alltogether.
Background - I'm not sure how to top is supposed to work since I bought the car with top broken. Both aluminum "lifting"-parts were broken and also motor cable was teared. So I replaced them and aligned the roof as per instructions in Bentley manual.
I'm a bit loss as what to try next. Any suggestions ?