Jump to content

Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to subscribe or donate. All subscriptions and donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual subscription or donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you subscribe RennTech.org

  • View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's quality Porsche information at a low cost.

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by subscribing or donating money to the operation of this site)

  • No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

PAULSPEED

Contributing Members
  • Posts

    1,406
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

Everything posted by PAULSPEED

  1. Hi Loren, I just had the front wheels off and the lowest brake pad size was .439". The numbers look good compared to an original stock pad that I replaced that had a wear down to a .260". I checked my pads pretty quickly but did not notice the stock brake duct. I will keep looking for it. I wish someone would design the GT-3 ducts with the bottoms ground off. Paul
  2. Hi Loren, I checked with Sunset Imports and they gave me a quote for $18.12 each for brake ducts for a 997 S. They think the ducts attach on the lower control arm. They also told me that I should alredy have them on my car. Can you give me a picture of what they are trying to sell me? Thank you, Paul
  3. Hi Loren, The more I look at them, the more I wonder how they stay on. These things would shred on some of the driveways I drive on. Do some guys grind the bottoms off so that they can drive them on city streets? I will take a closer look at the Porsche racing club cars the next time I see them. Paul
  4. Hi Loren, Awesome picture. I will vist this site again and do some browsing. I am looking forward to meeting with you at the next time trial event in February. Thanks again. Paul
  5. Hi Loren, Thank you for the reply. I tried looking thru the 997 PET book and could not find a picture of the brake duct. I sure would like to find a picture of this duct. Could you let me know if there is a site that shows a picture. Paul
  6. Hi, Here is a picture of a factory installed fire extinguisher in a 997 S. It looks different then your halon picture. Paul
  7. Hi, Loren says that there are brake cooling ducts for 997 and GT-3 cars. He says the GT-3 ducts are bigger. I am thinking that 997 brake ducts would be a cool thing to add. Anybody done any shopping for brake ducts? Paul
  8. HI, DID YOU TRY PARTS HEAVEN? http://www.partsheaven.com/ Paul
  9. Hi, Here are some pictures of my oil change last week. I did not use a jack to do the oil or oil filter. Paul
  10. Hi, Here are some pictures of my oil change last week. I did not use a jack to change the oil. Paul
  11. Hi Loren, After driving the car, every thing works fine. Both PSM and PASM failures do not show any more. What is amazing is the radio frequiencies are still the same after disconnecting the battery. Paul
  12. Hi Loren, I disconnected the battery for five minutes and the engine warning light is off. My car now shows two failures. The PSM and the PASM are both in failure mode. I replaced the stock brakes with Blue brakes and zip tied the senors out of the way. Do You have any sugestions? Thank you for helping me with the engine warning light because I would want that to work more than the PSM and the PASM lights. Paul
  13. Hi Loren, No I have not disconnected the battery. I will do this and report back to you. Paul
  14. Hi does anyone know how to reset the engine warning light without a PST2 device? I just did an oil change and the light came on. Paul
  15. Hi, I satarted the motor with seven new quarts of oil in the motor. The engine lite came on and it will not turn off. Last time I changed the oil, I started the motor with eight quarts in it. Do not start the motor with seven quarts. I need to buy the tool to reset the engine warning light. Paul
  16. Hi, I got this from Loren. He says the 996 transmission fluid change is just like the 997 change. http://www.renntech.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=6203 Paul
  17. Hi, I would post this question in the 996 forum. You will probably get your answer. Paul
  18. Hi, Your car has three oil pumps. I just start it up and start driving. You can get full acceleration after the needles move up to normal range. Check your owner's manual. Paul
  19. Hi, I had to show my wife how to not bottom the front end. She will tend to not drive it as much once she figures out what a hassle it is to drive. Paul
  20. Hi Nick, Thank you for the information. I am sure that the 6KQ plug and the 5KQ plug are very close to each other. Just like to know what other people would put in their car. Paul
  21. Hi, Here are the spark plug choices for the 997. The second one is the factory spec. spark plug. Is one hotter then the other and which one will make your car go fast when it is 90 degrees farenheit outside? 6 ea 999 170 207 91 Spark Plugs (Beru 14FGR 6KQU) MY99-MY01 or 6 ea 999 170 223 90 Spark Plugs (Beru FGR 5KQE0) MY02- Paul
  22. Hi, I do realize this but I also know that I am beating the **** out of the car at the track and any preventive maintence will help. Paul
  23. Hi, I just had my car into the dealer for the 20,000 mile check up. This car is so much fun to drive. I probably drove down to La Honda about a dozen times. Paul
  24. Hi Loren, Thank you for the instruction. I knew that this would be some work to do and I will have a professional do this. Do you have great pictures like this for changing the spark plugs? Paul
  25. Hi, I had my car into the dealer and he quoted me a price of 250 for the tiptonic filter and 500 for replacing the fluids. I have a 2006 997 S with a Tiptonic Transmission. What is a resonable cost to do this work? I am planing to contact Sunset for the price of parts. I heard from a private shop that the transmission fluid is very special. Paul
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.