Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Lowest Dust Brake Pad selection

I have 4 cars (2 porsches) and my 996 aero is a street only creature. Brake dust on my nice 3 piece wheels is becoming increasingly bothersome with the stock pads. Does anyone have any suggestions for pads that provide OEM-like friction coefficients but are extremely low dust? I don't need track or autocross performance and fade is not an issue on the street, so OEM grip and low dust are the primary factors. I have been considering the Axxis Deluxe (organic) and Axxis metal master and the Hawk Performance Ceramic. I'm upgrading to cross drilled AND slotted Brembo rotors, so initial bite will be enhanced slightly.

If you don't have dust then the pads aren't working the way in which they were designed. Dust is a good thing but a PITA to constantly keep clean. It's a trade off.

One more thing.....Your rotors should already be drilled on your 996 so I am puzzled why state you are "upgrading" your rotors. FYI.....your initial bite will NOT be better. Bite is a function of pad compound.

ebc green is low on dust. such pads have heavy synthetic or ceramic content so be sure to pick one that is rotor friendly. you want to change pads and not rotors. metal axxis are good but i''m not sure which one you want. the organic will probly dust more.

you may want to wax the wheels to help with the cleaning in the future. try using a synthetic wax like rejex or zaino.

I have 4 cars (2 porsches) and my 996 aero is a street only creature. Brake dust on my nice 3 piece wheels is becoming increasingly bothersome with the stock pads. Does anyone have any suggestions for pads that provide OEM-like friction coefficients but are extremely low dust? I don't need track or autocross performance and fade is not an issue on the street, so OEM grip and low dust are the primary factors. I have been considering the Axxis Deluxe (organic) and Axxis metal master and the Hawk Performance Ceramic. I'm upgrading to cross drilled AND slotted Brembo rotors, so initial bite will be enhanced slightly.

I agree, dust on 3-pc wheels is a huge pain!! I have been using the Hawk Ceramic pads for low dust and been pretty happy with them.

Good Luck.

-SD

I agree, dust on 3-pc wheels is a huge pain!! I have been using the Hawk Ceramic pads for low dust and been pretty happy with them.

Good Luck.

-SD

Thanks guys. I was considering the Hawk Ceramics anyway and it's cool to get some validation. Note: When I mentioned I am upgrading rotors, I meant that the new Brembos will be crossdrilled AND slotted. Slotting is supposed to burnish the bad continuously and create a more aggressive friction surface, not just help vent gasses.

Good Luck.

-SD

Thanks guys. I was considering the Hawk Ceramics anyway and it's cool to get some validation. Note: When I mentioned I am upgrading rotors, I meant that the new Brembos will be crossdrilled AND slotted. Slotting is supposed to burnish the bad continuously and create a more aggressive friction surface, not just help vent gasses.

Personally I want brake pads that EAT rotors for lunch. One NEVER knows when quick stopping might mean the difference between being able to next remove and clean those BBS mesh wheels or not.