Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Brakes are they the same?

Response time can be a bit slow. My understanding is that the Turbo brakes were larger than the standard black C2 brakes. IIRC, you can't just bolt on the Turbo's brakes to a C2 but have to replace the spindle, or machine an adapter.

Response time can be a bit slow. My understanding is that the Turbo brakes were larger than the standard black C2 brakes. IIRC, you can't just bolt on the Turbo's brakes to a C2 but have to replace the spindle, or machine an adapter.

Hey thanks for the response, I know it can be a bit slow at times but often I am searching at the same time

trying different keywords. Most of te stuff I ran across was related to probs. not the difference. I am taking my 99C2 to the next level hopefully Stage II with all Fabspeed and a EVOM SC. So I wanted to make sure I can stop it efficiently incase my V1 lets me down. = ) Thanks Again! Jim

While I like the 'bling' factor offered by the big turbo brakes, I don't know that they are really necessary, even on a s/c car, unless you're doing track time. I've pushed my C2 hard using upgraded pads and have not had any fade even in less than optimum conditions. The brakes really benefit from a pad upgrade. Given the costs associated with the upgrade to the turbos, I'd be inclined to give a pad change a try first. YMMV though.

While I like the 'bling' factor offered by the big turbo brakes, I don't know that they are really necessary, even on a s/c car, unless you're doing track time. I've pushed my C2 hard using upgraded pads and have not had any fade even in less than optimum conditions. The brakes really benefit from a pad upgrade. Given the costs associated with the upgrade to the turbos, I'd be inclined to give a pad change a try first. YMMV though.

Well if that be the case then I guess it'll be mostly for the bling. But I usually go to the extreme with upgrades, not sure why. But I do know on the days I do go to the track I like to shoot at the big boys. = )

I took a stock 105hp Bertone X1/9 and put 700rwhp in it with a few minor mods, again not sure why but it was great on the track days at a rolling 1,900lbs. Jim _

The only prob. is it likes to fly away from the competition! _--

Well if that be the case then I guess it'll be mostly for the bling. But I usually go to the extreme with upgrades, not sure why. But I do know on the days I do go to the track I like to shoot at the big boys. = )

I took a stock 105hp Bertone X1/9 and put 700rwhp in it with a few minor mods, again not sure why but it was great on the track days at a rolling 1,900lbs. Jim

The only prob. is it likes to fly away from the competition!

I agree with Viper, upgrading pads for track days makes a good difference. On a brake happy track like CMP in Kershaw, SC, some intensive driving (25 mins on-25 mins off) and no fade with pagid oranges and superblue fluid.

You really added 600 rwhp to a x1/9? Sorry to sound doubtful, but I recall them from High School being no more larger than my size 12 sandals. I imagine a jet engine with a lot of duct tape....... How you get there?

I agree with Viper, upgrading pads for track days makes a good difference. On a brake happy track like CMP in Kershaw, SC, some intensive driving (25 mins on-25 mins off) and no fade with pagid oranges and superblue fluid.

You really added 600 rwhp to a x1/9? Sorry to sound doubtful, but I recall them from High School being no more larger than my size 12 sandals. I imagine a jet engine with a lot of duct tape....... How you get there?

Hi, No issues believe me I understand. I'd have to say it's more like a 12.5 sandal though. I did not have access to any turbines then or who knows!?! I've owned quite a few and they end up being bought out from under me. Been tinkering since 93'. But to the Q at hand, 1st thing NO DUCT TAPE WAS USED! ha ha

It did involve some extensive rear end re-enforcements to handle the power of it's new Mopar 4cfed4 Turbo III engine from a 93' Tona, and then the later application of a disco potato, with an aussie engine mgt sys. The best I had built a 240+ hp Fiat engine with the help of Apple Motors but i just turned out to be more of a problem then it was worth as the tranny just turned to tin foil. So that is why I started searching and came up with the Trenton, it was reliable STRONG 225hp Stock (196whp), and there was an extensive following around southern Indiana. But all in all I now have My Porsche and I love it!!! I have already managed to disect everything but the engine and Imagine Auto is going to do that for me.

Just general FYI, The doghouse resonates terribly bad if you ever remove the rear carpet make sure you put some deadener all over it! made a tremendous difference in the brute sound of the engine!

Edited by ViolaGT3