Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

I'm trying to decide whether I should buy a 06 C2S on the lot or order an 07... Im trying to find out if there are any changes???

Price increase, TPMS standard, change in color options and pricing, different wheel option, not much else. If you check some of the other boards you will find more detail. In fact I think both the 06 and 07 ordering guide are available on this board so you could compare these. Good luck.

Im trying to configure an order for a 2007 997S

I have ruled out the Sport exhaust as it is a lot of money for a little more noise with no performance benefit.

Im trying to decide about the sport chrono package. The order guide and Porsche website are vague about what the extra controls ie lights , locks and climate control are. Can someone with this explain what these extra controls/settings are ? I am not thrilled about the dashboard "bubble".

Anyone have the sport seats ? ...I will be the sole driver..Is the Electric seat package worthwhile ?

The extended Navigation is it worthwhile ? I am going to at least get Regular Navi.

The Stainless Exhaust tips...worthwhile or can I get after-market if I wish I had later.

I am not getting the phone module but like the multifunction wheel.. Is that worthwhile just for radio controls/...

Am I missing any other must haves ????

Thanks everyone ...I only want to do this once...

Trading in a 2001 Boxster S

Im trying to configure an order for a 2007 997S

I have ruled out the Sport exhaust as it is a lot of money for a little more noise with no performance benefit.

Im trying to decide about the sport chrono package. The order guide and Porsche website are vague about what the extra controls ie lights , locks and climate control are. Can someone with this explain what these extra controls/settings are ? I am not thrilled about the dashboard "bubble".

Anyone have the sport seats ? ...I will be the sole driver..Is the Electric seat package worthwhile ?

The extended Navigation is it worthwhile ? I am going to at least get Regular Navi.

The Stainless Exhaust tips...worthwhile or can I get after-market if I wish I had later.

I am not getting the phone module but like the multifunction wheel.. Is that worthwhile just for radio controls/...

Am I missing any other must haves ????

Thanks everyone ...I only want to do this once...

Trading in a 2001 Boxster S

You can check out my choice here:

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforums/show...highlight=snarf

I'm with you re the PSE but I would definitely include the phone module, my prior experience with modern car comms is non-existent but I was surprised and impressed with the capability of this package. The multifunction wheel is nice but not essential as all the controls are near to hand. I went for the adaptive sports seats, which, although early days yet (only done 30 miles in the car - unable to use it this week) I think are great. I don't think you will need the extended Nav option unless you expect to be driving in areas not covered by the DVD. Stainless steel tips look good and I think will be easier to keep clean. I went for the sports Chrono and although I don't expect to use the stop watch function very often I thought the additional PCM features that come with it made it worthwhile

There is a tremendous amount on forums regarding options and I think reasearching this and working your way through the list is one of the most challenging yet enjoyable parts of buying a new Porsche. Have fun.

Edited by snarf