Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Window Moulding

Good Day All!

When my Driver's side window is wet and I lower the window - the moulding / weather strip on the outside of the window catches and folds in towards the window as it is lowering. This causes the motor to have to fight harder to lower the window and I'm concerned that sooner or later it will burn out.

Does anyone have any suggestions for repair / replacement / conditioning of the strip?

Many Thanks,

AK

I put some Mothers "Forever Black" on my window moldings that were doing the same thing. It's kind of like Armor-All on steroids - much thicker, seems to penetrate and last better. It's made to restore the black color but I found it also made my weatherstripping more pliable and "new" feeling.

Anyway, my moldings always stuck too but they stopped after I put this stuff on them.

i had the same problem. use this...

914805.jpg

http://www.pelicanparts.com/catalog/shopca...einszt_pg10.htm

if you can find 'real' BMW Gummi Pflege (Rubber Care) it is supposedly a 'better' product than the 1Z. the BMW is more gel-like and again, 'supposedly' penetrates better than the water-based 1Z product. i have heard that BMW has discontinued production of the product, but i still see it advertised for sale at many online retailers. Sonax also makes a Gummi Pflege product.

all_gummi_pflege.gif

Edited by Chris_in_NH

Thanks Chris - I tried the spray version a few months ago - but it did not seem to have any noticeable effect. I'll give the "Black" stuff a try (bought it last night) and if that doesn't work, I'll give the Gummi Pflege another shot at it. The gel version of Gummi is no longer available at dealers in Toronto. I'll see if I can get it online.

Thanks for the advice.

AK