Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Well I received a door ding on my front passanger fender last night. Ouch! I am still upset about it. It was a young girl w/her mother who did the damage. Too top it off the mother did not even acknowledge what here child had done. So upset. How easily are door dings removable? Anyone know of a place in Michigan?

Well I received a door ding on my front passanger fender last night. Ouch! I am still upset about it. It was a young girl w/her mother who did the damage. Too top it off the mother did not even acknowledge what here child had done. So upset. How easily are door dings removable? Anyone know of a place in Michigan?

Since the Boxster I own is only new to me, there are some existing dents that I will be getting taken care of.

With my past car (RX-7) I swear that the metal was as thin as aluminum foil, just look at it wrong and... :eek:

Anyway, the process that I have had outstanding success with is a process referred to a 'paintless dent removal', the technician is trained to use various spoons and hammers to carefully (slowly) work the dent from the inside to encourage the metal to return to it's original shape (memory).

My RX-7 is dark blue, almost black and the company in my town (Dentex) can get most accessible dents out with a result that is nothing short of amazing. To date I have had over a dozen removed and I can not tell where any of the 'former' dents were, this car is 15 years old and completely dent free. Cost varies but seems to be directly related to number of dents and their difficulty to remove. I have had one dent cost $100 and a job entailing 8-10 cost $250, still all much better then bondo and repainting!

When I get the time I will be taking the Boxster down for a session, and unless the metal used in the Boxster is unusual in some way I don't expect the results to be any different.

I can dig up a before and after of one near the gas filler on the RX-7 if you are interested.

Westcoaster is on the mark about paintless dent removal.. High end dealers can point you to a reliable service. Most of these guys make the rounds of their customers and will meet you at a dealer parking lot or your own work place.

Edited by 70Sixter

I had a dent on my Boxster when it was a month old. Added insult to injury. It was in for an engine replacement and I got it back damaged. I think it was done purposely. There was a sharp dent next to the filler door. Dent Wizzard had tools that got back through the pass door. I watched while it was worked on. You cannot tell there was ever any damage.

SO...when one of my gooood-running cars, that didn't have a mark on it, was rammed by some teeniebopper, I took it to Dent Wizzard. I was willing to settle for a less-than-perfect repair in exchange for not needing half the car repainted. However, even on this difficult repair, it is nearly perfect. They did no paint work. Cost was $170 I think. Body shops wanted $450 - $700. Check it out - rear of fender lip.

post-6728-1160867767_thumb.jpg post-6728-1160867789_thumb.jpg