Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Aiming Daytime Running Lights?

My passenger side daytime running light appears to be aimed OK, but driver's side is cocked up, so that it is beaming at eye level from 20 feet away. Is there a way to aim just this light without affecting the aim of the lowbeam?

Thanks in advance.

On mine the daytime running lights are the small lights, inboard from the low beams, sort of like where your tear ducts would be. I assume all U.S. versions have these daytimers, but I have not really paid attention in the past. I've only had my 996 since early November, and am still becoming familiar with it.

• 2 weeks later...

You were right. The bulb assembly was seated a little low. It was necessary to pull the headlight assembly, open the circular door on it to access the fog light bulb, undo the holddown spring, reorient the bulb assembly, and reverse.

There is also a vertical adjustment for the fog light. Under the rubber flap, forward of the two flaps for the headlight, is the same type of 5mm hex head adjustment screw. I'm not sure why the owner's manual says that this should only be adjusted by a dealer.

Just a few things I learned that I thought I'd pass on...

When securing the fog light bulb assembly with the spring, insert the tips of the spring in their holes first, then push down and secure the loop end. The loop end will move around and drive you crazy if you try to secure it first and then put the tips in.

I had trouble at first getting the headlight assembly back in, untill I found the dowels, molded into the housing, one on either side, toward the rear and on the bottom of the headlight assembly. Look for the tracks in the car that are supposed to receive them, and start to slide it in. Then look for the "runners" toward the front of the assembly, and make sure they are inserted into the same tracks. As you tighten the lever from the trunk, it will pull the assembly in and will connect the assembly's electrical pins to the receptical at the back of the assembly. You should hear a good snap when the assembly is locked back into place.

Don't try to force the light in. It may take a bit of jiggling, but it should slide in as designed and fit snugly when locked in.