Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

where did you tap into MOST line. Did you just unplug the nav plug and splice there? Did you have to remove the NAV unit to gain access? Looks great!! I see where 12 volt unswitched is necessary! I will have to check the extra CD player plug for power and ground. Don't know if I can wait for group buy!!!

I have attached a picture from before cleaning up the installation. In this picture, the cables still need to be organized and the front trunk plastic covers need to be reinstalled.

I connected the Gateway 500 by tapping into the connectors going into the back of the NAV drive.

The optical connection was very easy - the instructions in the Gateway 500 were clear and all required parts (couplers, optical cables, etc.) were included. It entailed unplugging the optical connector from the back of the DVD drive and unfastening one of the optical cables from the connector followed by inserting one of the included optical cables back into the connector. Basically, the cable that was unplugged from the DVD drive goes into the Gateway 500, and the new cable goes between the Gateway 500 and the DVD drive connector.

If your car doesn't have a DVD drive, you will need to perform this procedure on some other MOST component (head unit, amplifier, etc.). The DVD drive was convenient because it is very accessible. The amplifier is hard to reach with the optical connections hiding behind the speaker wires, and the head unit requires removal from the center console.

The only other thing to connect is power. You will need to find some location to connect the included power cable to get +12V and GND. I soldered the power wires onto the power connector pins the DVD drive.

I just had my gateway installed. Wanted all cables into glove box. Unit was mounted behind glove box. Tapped into PCM head, first out. Required PIWIS reprogramming. Works great. My 06 S has Nav and Bose.

Installer recommendation on request!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/33889996@N00/?saved=1

Edited by larrytrk

• 2 weeks later...
where did you tap into MOST line. Did you just unplug the nav plug and splice there? Did you have to remove the NAV unit to gain access? Looks great!! I see where 12 volt unswitched is necessary! I will have to check the extra CD player plug for power and ground. Don't know if I can wait for group buy!!!

I have attached a picture from before cleaning up the installation. In this picture, the cables still need to be organized and the front trunk plastic covers need to be reinstalled.

I connected the Gateway 500 by tapping into the connectors going into the back of the NAV drive.

The optical connection was very easy - the instructions in the Gateway 500 were clear and all required parts (couplers, optical cables, etc.) were included. It entailed unplugging the optical connector from the back of the DVD drive and unfastening one of the optical cables from the connector followed by inserting one of the included optical cables back into the connector. Basically, the cable that was unplugged from the DVD drive goes into the Gateway 500, and the new cable goes between the Gateway 500 and the DVD drive connector.

If your car doesn't have a DVD drive, you will need to perform this procedure on some other MOST component (head unit, amplifier, etc.). The DVD drive was convenient because it is very accessible. The amplifier is hard to reach with the optical connections hiding behind the speaker wires, and the head unit requires removal from the center console.

The only other thing to connect is power. You will need to find some location to connect the included power cable to get +12V and GND. I soldered the power wires onto the power connector pins the DVD drive.

I just had my gateway installed. Wanted all cables into glove box. Unit was mounted behind glove box. Tapped into PCM head, first out. Required PIWIS reprogramming. Works great. My 06 S has Nav and Bose.

Installer recommendation on request!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/33889996@N00/?saved=1

Well, I've tried most possibilities and still cannot get a stable install. PCM has now started reseting when you go over a bump. I can only think this is GW unit fault, as is ok when in Porsche factory mode. All wiring seems ok - most frustrating. I will get OPC to checkout on next service, but would be interested if others have had similar experiences?

Thanks

With a new unit from Dension (thanks to our installer who stocks them) and plugging it to the NAV head first, seems to work OK with no PWIS reprogramming. I have yet to try Customizing the Dension. I do notice that an apostrophe shows as a comma on the NAV (which is no big deal). Other than that with about 4 hours of use, quite happy, though I do wish now I had opted for Bose however.

Regards

Richard

2007 997C2S Cab with NAV, Smartop, Sat Radio (Cayenne) and now Dension IPod