Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

EVO GT700 KIT

contigo

• 1 month later...
Considering to buy the EVO GT700 kit for my 996TT, any comments or experience with it?

I've had various Stages from EVO on my 2001 Turbo. The best by far is the GT700 kit. This is probably the best off the shelf high hp kit available today and probably the most prevailant with hundreds of installed applications. This is my observation as a member of the Rennlist, 6speed, Rennteam and Funcarsonline sites. The only issue that I have ever heard that may or may not be associated with this kit is a blown MAF sensor on some cars. This could be due to increased intake flow for those who have gone with modified air intakes or filter in conjunction with the kit. This has not happened in my experience with the kit. I also have the same kit in my 03 GT2. I would recommend this kit highly and without hesitation and have no connection with EVO or GIAC. That being said, I also have a great deal of respect for Protomotive and Ultimate Motor Works and would consider them as an alternative. I don't think you can go wrong with any of these tuners. I've gone with EVO due to my satisfactory experience and their proven record with hundreds of GT kits. This being said, the 700 crank hp level is at the edge of envelop in terms of stock engine internals. If one were to expect 100k type of milage on this kit, I would recommend upgraded internals.

• 2 months later...

Dear Sir

Thank you for your reply, since you have this kit on can I ask you the following?:

1. What 0-60 numbers do you think you are doing?

2. Do you think you beat a new 997T with this GT700 kit?

• 4 weeks later...

Go with Protomotive or UMW....

EVO is a bunch of hype. Funny, I called out their sub 10 sec quarter mile run as being acheived from a drag prepped car- not a typically GT800 like they are trying to promote and I got banned from 6speed.

Go figure. Truth hurts, huh? I call it as it is.

Protomotive and UMW are the best US tuners. Go with RUF if you want the top tuner.

Edited by Vortechnik