Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Ah so this is where everyone is hiding out!

Of course congrats on the new Board Loren, :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

I just got some really dissapointing info today concerning my fvd clutch kit. I was told it was all inclusive and included the clutch kit and lightened flywheel but in fact it turned out to just be a heavy duty clutch kit. I thought this might happen so I am not that upset as I am dissapointed. Does anyone know where to get the lightened flywheel by itself? I know fvd make one as well as electromotiv or some company like that. They both want anywhere from 600-900 for the flywheel itself however which seems expensive. Any info would be appreciated. I am just going to go with replacement sachs kit or whatever for 400 for the clutch part.

Thanks. :cheers:

Sorry the other company is electrodyne. Here is the 600 buck flywheel.

http://www.electrodyne.cc/Merchant2/mercha...ct_code=5199961

fvd one:

http://www.fvd-usa.com/

or so they claim: Note how it says it includes the flywheel in both the top and bottom

Performance Clutch Kit

Kit contains the following parts, depending on model (Racing clutches built upon request):

Pressure plate, disc, release bearing, flywheel, starter ring gear, guide tube, clutch fork and bolts.

Mod. 911

Mod. 911

Mod. 930

Mod. 930

Mod. 964

Mod. 965 Turbo

Mod. 993

Mod. 993 Turbo

Mod. 996

Mod. 996 GT-3

Mod. Boxster

Mod. BoxsterS 73-86

87-89

45-87

88-89

89-94

91-94

93-97

93-97

97-

99-

97-

99- FVD 116 901

FVD 116 902

FVD 116 903

FVD 116 904

FVD 116 905

FVD 116 907

FVD 116 905

FVD 116 909

FVD 116 910

FVD 116 913

FVD 116 912

FVD 116 910 $ 1025

$ 1865

$ 1865

$ 2350

$ 1395

$ 1690

$ 1395

$ 1690

$ 899

$ 1450

$ 835

$ 899

Lightweight Flywheel

Faster Acceleration

:(

Is that for the lightened flywheel? If so do you have a link and how much does it go for? The electrodyne one or whatever is the cheapest yet so far that I have found. They all seem to be the exact same flywheel just for different prices. Also I have found the oem sachs clutch kit for 430. Does anyone know if and where they can get the power clutch kit for this price? I might as well upgrade that as well if it is about the same. Thanks. Sean :D

Well, I went ahead and bought the replacement clutch - sachs oem from Patrick Motorsports in AZ. They are close with centerforce and had a lot of information about clutches and flywheels and were incredible honest. IN any event, I got the oem sach's clutch from them and the lightened aluminium flywheel from electodyne. An interesting thing to note, was that upon much conversation it was learned that the Sach's power clutch is a POS. As Patrick Motorsport is tied in with centerforce with some r&d stuff, they put the clutch on their instruments and it yielded less than 10% difference in both friction material on the disc, and the pressure plate holding force. What a scam! I have seen the best price about 1k for the kit that's why! Incidently I happened along Patrick by contacting centerforce directly to inquire if they had a kit for the 996. I should have my parts on fri, and hopefully installed this upcoming week :) :cheers: