Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Wind Stop And Top Up

Coming from my 01 Boxster S, I'm use to having the plexiglass wind stop always connected to my seat back and protecting me from the wind.

Is it ok to drive my 99 C4 Cab with the wind stop connected in the rear with the top up? Connected while I raise/lower the top?

Is there clearance?

I'm thinking that I like the convience of it always being in the wind stop slots because I mostly like to drive with the top down.

Any thoughts?

The top clears the windstop, whether it is up or down, when the top is going up or down.

I only take the windstop off when my car is getting detailed and when people are in the back seat.

You'll want to have the windstop down when the top is up, so that your rear view mirror vision looking backward is the best possible for spotting those pesky guys and gals driving them black 'n whites with the bright red lights...

Edited by NonBeater

So all I do is fold the back seats down and then insert the wind stop into place?

Does the wind stop fold up and down?

Excuse my ignorance, the wind stop has been sitting in my trunk this whole time.

No worries. Yes, the windstop folds up and down.

I always leave the rear seats down (unless when the car is being detailed or when I need to put (small) people in the rear seats--which is infrequently), and leave the windstop in.

When cruising around in the city with the top down I like to have the windows and windstop in the down position (the best look for the car!). You'll get good at putting the windstop up and down with your right arm without looking back at all.

On the freeway I put the windstop and the windows up.

And of course the windscreen is up when it is 50 degrees and below. With the seat heaters on and the climate control set to 75 degrees...

Enjoy the ride.

Edited by NonBeater

You do have to adjust the stereo based on whether the seats are up or down, as it affects the sound coming from the rear speakers. Oh life is just so difficult in my fast and beautiful cab ... :thumbup:

Thanks folks!

Yeah, the stereo does sound like my Boxster S sound system...everything in the front.

Is there any way around the sound all to the front and not blowing the rear speakers in the process?