Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Limited Edition Orange Porsche

• 1 month later...
Does anyone out there have details of what the price of the limited edition 'orange' Boxster S is going to cost??

$59,900 as I was informed by a dealer today.

Don't hold me to it however

I also was told this price but I do not know which options are zero cost and which are non-cost options. But my car is ordered and I am expecting delivery around late September to early October.

Does anyone out there have details of what the price of the limited edition 'orange' Boxster S is going to cost??

I also was told this price but I do not know which options are zero cost and which are non-cost options. But my car is ordered and I am expecting delivery around late September to early October.

Pricing for additional line items that were listed on the pro-forma invoice are

P23 PCM $2000

P74 Bi Xenon $1000

342 Heated Seats $480

551 Windstop $375

640 Sport Chrono + $920

680 Bose Surround $950

810 Floor Mats $115

As for what is included in the $59,900 base model, I have yet to determine that also

Pricing for additional line items that were listed on the pro-forma invoice are

P23 PCM $2000

P74 Bi Xenon $1000

342 Heated Seats $480

551 Windstop $375

640 Sport Chrono + $920

680 Bose Surround $950

810 Floor Mats $115

As for what is included in the $59,900 base model, I have yet to determine that also

All is a mystery at the moment, no one anywhere seems to have any firm specification sheets. No order guide and no price lists as of yet.

To be honest , why not order the colour through the personalisation service porsche offer and spec the car direct from the factory. There is NOTHING on this car that makes it exclusive that could not be purchased by speccing the car yourself. Ok there may be a ltd edition plate or certificate , but nothing to make the car any more exclusive than that. Sorry, I cannot see what all the fuss is about, its a nice colour , but if you want exclusive ,why not order one in the GT3 green colour ? Seems like Porsche America are taking their customers for a ride on this one.

True you could do this by yourself......BUT:

BASE S $55,700 (New 2008 Price)

Sport Design Package $5,865

Paint to Sample $4,315

Sports Exhaust $2,100

19" Carrera S Wheels $1,550

Rims/Caps Black $1,290

Sport Steering Whl (Al) $790

Door Opener Ext Color $780

Seat Inlay Alcatara $550

Roll Bar Ext Color $535

Trim Strip Ext Color $520

Gear Lever Trim Ext $290

Total = $74,705

This doesn't include the following options: Auto Climate (Standard) nor does it include the custom black wing mirrors or the back grills etc.

So my guess is $59,900 is a good option!!!

As for a Ltd Edition Plate......Priceless :rolleyes:

Edited by Nick_USA

Evidently the car does not come with a full leather interior? I thought the car in NY had a full leather interior.

No it does not have a full leather interior, that is on the demo version only. The Demo version also does not have a sports exhaust fitted either.

Thanks. My wife wants this car and I've been trying to get information about pricing and options. They are scheduled to have the show car at Braman on 7/28 but none of the salesmen or managers have any concrete information. I agree that it's a very good deal at $59,900 for the package.

The only other options available on the car are (All 2008 prices unless stated):

P74 Bi-Xenon Headlights $1090

342 Heated Front Seats $500

551 Porsche Windstop $375

639 Sport Chrono package (or Package Plus with PCM) $960

680 BOSE - Surround Sound System $950

810 Floor mats $90

P23 Porsche Communication Management with Extended Nav $3250 (2007 Price) (Extended Nav Standard on all PCM August 2007 production onwards)

249 Tiptonic S $3210 (2007 Price)

There is also an Alcantara option for the Tipronic Shifter but I do not have a price or option code for that.

Hope that helps you (Check out this link for photos etc):

Limited Edition Boxster S

Thanks again Nick, you're really on top of things, very much appreciated! I was hoping there would be a black full leather interior option (AT) even though it's $2K it would add a lot to an already nice interior. My wife will want the Tiptronic (the only information the dealer gave us as far as available options), so I would probably get the alcantara Tip option to match the handbrake and steering wheel. Everybody says the car is even better looking than the pictures, so it will be interesting to see it on the 28th. We were told end of Sept/Oct delivery, so you'd think they'd have the order guides and pricing final by now.

The options are the only ones available but I have my dealer checking with the head office on the availability of PCCB but I am not holding much hope.

For production, I have a date of Septmeber 20 for my car and hope to see it mid-october (shipping allowing). If I hear anything else I will post it on here.

And as for an order guide I am pressing my dealer for this but there is no news of one as of yet. They are awaiting the guides for not just this model but all 2008 cars.

I do know the car is highly sort after, I have mine but the dealer now has a wait list of 5 for this car, not that I am going to pass on it!!!

• 1 month later...
The options are the only ones available but I have my dealer checking with the head office on the availability of PCCB but I am not holding much hope.

For production, I have a date of Septmeber 20 for my car and hope to see it mid-october (shipping allowing). If I hear anything else I will post it on here.

And as for an order guide I am pressing my dealer for this but there is no news of one as of yet. They are awaiting the guides for not just this model but all 2008 cars.

I do know the car is highly sort after, I have mine but the dealer now has a wait list of 5 for this car, not that I am going to pass on it!!!

Hi Nick,

I just placed my order a few weeks ago in Canada. There are going to be less than 40 of both base and S models up north. When did you place your order, and have you received a firm delivery date yet?

Apart from the standard options, what else did you add?

I only added Xenon.

Hi Nick,

I just placed my order a few weeks ago in Canada. There are going to be less than 40 of both base and S models up north. When did you place your order, and have you received a firm delivery date yet?

I only added Xenon.

Everything except the Tiptronic gearbox.

ie:

P74 Bi-Xenon Headlights

342 Heated Front Seats

551 Porsche Windstop

640 Sport Chrono package plus

680 BOSE - Surround Sound System

810 Floor mats

P23 Porsche Communication Management with Extended Nav

When are you expecting delivery ???

Edited by Nick_USA

Hi Nick,

I only added Xenon.

ie:

P74 Bi-Xenon Headlights

342 Heated Front Seats

551 Porsche Windstop

810 Floor mats

So far I've been quoted early November, but the dealership said it might take until early January.

If you don't mind me asking, what did your total price come to?

I couldn't get much a discount. The dealership waived the PDI and Freight, so approximately $2,000.

Hi Nick,

I only added Xenon.

ie:

P74 Bi-Xenon Headlights

342 Heated Front Seats

551 Porsche Windstop

810 Floor mats

So far I've been quoted early November, but the dealership said it might take until early January.

If you don't mind me asking, what did your total price come to?

I couldn't get much a discount. The dealership waived the PDI and Freight, so approximately $2,000.

Cost of car with all the options is $66,975 USD plus TAX @ 6%.

My car is in production as we speak and is scheduled to complete on the 20th of September, shipping allowing it still should be here for mid-October.

Edited by Nick_USA

Much as I like the Porsche design version of the cayman the $ to options was better on the Boxster and I had already ordered the car way before the cayman was announced.

If I was honest, too much black and way too much non-car goodies ie the luggage etc

Edited by Nick_USA