Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

2 new (old) units... 2 new problems ! :(

Hello Forum,

I got my order from Porsch-Apart today. One CDC-3 changer and a Navigation 16bit unit.

I installed both but both of them seem to have problems.

1. Navigation.

Sometimes when I turn on the NAVI it works just fine, I can see the map and choose a destination but most of the times it just says 'Initializing' system forever (10-20-30 minutes) and nothing happens - both yellow-leds on the Navigation unit are blinking yellow. I never saw them both blink on my old system and it wont spit out the CD.

Questions..

a) has anyone seen the two blinking lamps and experienced the forever 'initializing navigation' ?

B) can it be because I currently only have UK maps and it is trying to calculate a route even though I am in Denmark ?

2. CDC-3

I installed the CD Changer and I pressed Eject. But NOTHING happened. When I plug in the power it spins the small wheels for a second and then it is just 'dead'. The CD mechanism is stopped in the middle of the Cartridge and it wont eject. When I plug in my old CD Changer it pops out the cartridge straight away but it wont read the CD (the old one was defect so thats why I am replacing it).

a) Can this be because it is made for UK power / voltage ?

B) Is it simply defect or stuck somehow (force eject ??)

Any suggestions please ?

update: Now I cant even eject the Navi CD - it's just sitting there with both lights blinking.

I tried momentarily to replace the new navi with my old 8bit navi and that ejected the CD without any problems.

Why is there no FORCE-eject on these slot loading drives, it seems to be stuck :( ?

Edited by WilliamsF1

it seems no one knows about this but here is another update:

The navigation suddenly ejected the CD but that did not solve the problem :(

When I power on the NAVI it makes a noise for a few seconds and then both yellow leds start blinking.

I have checked the RADIO Fuse - and that is intact.

I have swapped my old 8bit navi back in and that works just fine.

I have tried to unpower the car by un-hooking the battery and re-typing my NAVI code.

So far nothing has worked out.

Suggestions ? Am I missing a fuse - what could the problem be ??

I don't have the NAVI unit but a friend does, I'll ask him about your problems. Sorry I can't be of more help right now.

Thanks !!

I am wondering what is going on with the machine while the two leds are blinking :huh: :huh:

I just read about 'calibrating' of the Navigation unit on Skylers website, but I dont know how that works. Has anyone ever experienced that their navi just started blinking and 'said initializing' ??

Skylers website:

http://www.realtime.net/%7Erentner/

Lots of GREAT tutorials on both very simple and rather complicated Boxster tasks!

Kind regards

Morten

Forza WilliamsF1, Nico Rosberg, tomorrow in qualifying - 4th fastest in Practise today.... !!

Just got the phone with him. He said he only had a problem one time when it took a long time to initialize just after he took it out of winter storage but doesn't remember any lights blinking. It only did it the one time and and has had no other problems with it. His car is a '04 996 TT.... hope you can get this sorted. Best of luck.

As I recall it can take 2-5 minutes to initialize a PCM unit after it has had power removed. I think it has to go through a self-calibration and then try to locate itself.

:( I tried taking a ride today for about an hour ... but it just keep blinking !

The Eject button blinks aswell...

If anyone has experienced this - please let me know.