Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

More Information On The 997

A gentlemen with the ID "The Stranger" posted the following on another Forum.

His quote follows....

Wow, there is so much speculation and so many embellished rumors floating around about the 2005 911 on Porsche Boards these days, I just can’t stay silent any longer. It seems everybody is so hungry they will believe anything, especially if the provider of the mis-information is from Germany.

My company supplies parts for the US spec Cayenne, I get to visit Porsche several times a year and have just returned from a 10-day trip. I go mostly to Leipzig, but I also spend time at Weissach and Stuttgart. Within Porsche, the 2005 plan for the 911 is widely known, I am surprised that people who say they have got “inside” contacts get it so wrong.

The 2005 models will go into production after the normal annual changeover time. By the time it is shown in Paris some of you might be driving one. The 911 2005 models will get a major facelift, the spy photos I have seen mostly look like the real cars. Apart from the oval headlights (not round), the relocation of the other lights to the bumper area and the redesigned rear, the cars don’t look a lot different. The interior has been modestly redesigned and there is a lot more standard aluminum look trim. The instrument cluster looks similar to the GT. I have been told the 2005 models will get new seats but the ones I saw didn’t look any different.

The chassis is basically the same. There will be different wheels available, 18 inch will be standard on all models. There will be four normally aspirated models C2, C2S, C4 and C4S. The body is basically the same for all four models. The C2 and C4 will keep the current 320 hp engine, the C2S and C4S will have the 345 hp engine currently offered in the Carrera Power Kit. I don’t know if all four models will be sold in the US. The cabriolet versions will be introduced in early 2005, they may be designated 2006’s

The new Turbo will also be introduced in early 2005, again it maybe designated a 2006 model. The GT2 and GT3 cars will remain the same for one or two more years.

The Engineer

I take all sources of information with a certain grain of salt. I see no reason that "The Stranger's" views are any more accurate than I've read elsewhere. The current 3.6L engine in the 996 is pretty much max'ed out so I wouldn't be surprised to see Porsche increase its displacement to 3.8L.

IMHO, the 996 Facelift is the best looking model there is right now!

With the 996 and Facelift there was a Evolution but with the 997, hmm..

Question is how would the picture looks like for the next generation, would it still Evolution?

wp_01_b.jpg

cheers,

Tony

IMHO, the 996 Facelift is the best looking model there is right now!

With the 996 and Facelift there was a Evolution but with the 997, hmm..

Question is how would the picture looks like for the next generation, would it still Evolution?

wp_01_b.jpg

cheers,

Tony

Exactly! If that's what the 997 is all about , I don't think it can last more than 2 to 3 model years. I am looking forward to the 998. B)

:cheers: