Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

aircon ducts nt working help:)

Do you use the Auto setting? A few of us have found that in humid climates the Auto setting will fog the windshield. What happens is that as the car cools towards it's target temp and the fan speed decreases, it will begin to blow air from the defroster on to the windshield thereby causing condensation on the outside.

I just use 'Manuell' now and never have a problem

Try this that works for me in sometimes muggy Charlotte.

1. Turn car on and AC on and press Auto

2. Press teh forward vent button and the footwell button on the AC pannel

3. Turn car off

4. Turn car on and the selections you made should be still working

Now the flow to the windshield vent should be off and no more fogging until you change the setting or press auto. If you are on Auto and press the front vent and footwell, and do not turn the ignition off, I have noticed that the vent will still leak air and you will have foggy windshield.

Try this that works for me in sometimes muggy Charlotte.

1. Turn car on and AC on and press Auto

2. Press teh forward vent button and the footwell button on the AC pannel

3. Turn car off

4. Turn car on and the selections you made should be still working

Now the flow to the windshield vent should be off and no more fogging until you change the setting or press auto. If you are on Auto and press the front vent and footwell, and do not turn the ignition off, I have noticed that the vent will still leak air and you will have foggy windshield.

Yes, in fully automatic mode in the summertime when predominantly using cooling once the cabin temperature approaches, cools to, within a few degrees of your temperature setpoint, the stupid system will start blowing COOL airflow (seemingly a substantially HIGH portion, TOO high IMMHO) to the interior surface of the windshield. This can be especially hazardous at night when the slow "gathering" of condensation on the otherside of the windshield will not be quickly discernable.

My first experience was shortly after I took US delivery of my '01 in Charleston. As we approached Birmingham AL about 8 PM that HOT and HUMID August evening it took me awhile to realize that the reason my vision was being compromised was because the outside of the windshield was being slowly fogged over with condensation.

I first complained about this shortly after taking delivery of my '01.

I even wrote Porsche, PCNA, and Porsche in Germany about this seriously HAZARDOUS design flaw.

I was told the system was operating properly as designed.

Subsequently I happened to learn that the early VW Toureq shared the same problem, as did the Cayenne (read the posts on VW Toureq and Cayenne forums). VW stepped up to the plate and issued a climate control firmware update to fix there's and Porsche Germany responded to my second inquiry by stating that my Porsche and the Cayenne had no design commonality with the Toureq.

SURE.

The local dealer would not even write up a work order saying this operation was "normal".

So in summertime the best way to be safe is ti always remember to lock out the defrost/defog/demist air outflow ducts as someone already described in a previous post.

Edited by wwest

And by the way...

You can improve the efficiency of the A/C system, and increase FE somewhat.

Run the system on MAX cooling, recirculate, and the lowest blower speed that will maintain your comfort level.

Max cooling will completely bypass the REHEAT/REMIX path thereby reducing the duty cycle of the A/C compressor quite substantially. It also helps to go to Home depot and buy/install a manual hot water flow shutoff valve so the heater core isn't kept hot enough to contribute via radiant heating effects.

Personally I have also had a switch added (inside the center glove box) to open the A/C compressor clutch circuit so I can keep the A/C compressor from operating altogether unless I really need cooling capability. I typically leave it off except during the summer months.

Personally I have also had a switch added (inside the center glove box) to open the A/C compressor clutch circuit so I can keep the A/C compressor from operating altogether unless I really need cooling capability. I typically leave it off except during the summer months.

Do you not have an econ button?

Do you not have an econ button?

Is there ANY modern Porsche, or any other marque other than the Prius, with one of those?

Edited by wwest