Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

OBDII memo scanner

Hi all,

I've bought the OBDII MEMO SCANNER and got the following codes:

P0300 01/04

P0306 02/04

P0304 03/04

P0305 04/04

I know that it indicates a misfire on the numbered cylinder, but how serious and what now I would like to ask you.

Is it something I could look at/sort out or is it OPC job?

So any suggestion is welcome.

Thanks

• Admin

Unless you just changed spark plugs or did some work on the car I doubt that is all the codes.

P0300 Misfire Damaging to Catalytic Converter

P0304 Misfire, Cylinder 4, Damaging to Catalytic Converter

P0305 Misfire, Cylinder 5, Damaging to Catalytic Converter

P0306 Misfire, Cylinder 6, Damaging to Catalytic Converter

The car should not be driven and the CEL is likely flashing.

You didn't say how or if the car was running OK or if these were pending codes or the MIL (Check Engine Light) was on or flashing. I do know that if the connectors to the spark plug coils are not properly engaged and get wet or contaminated, you can get these misfires.

1st time the check engine came on was one day pulling into a parking space and stoped moving, then the engine light started to flash and about 10 sec it just staid on. After few days it went off.

2nd time we were pulling out from a car park (lotsa cars going out, so big queue and 1st gear only) and the engine light started to flash, again after about a min. it staid on.

Each time when check engine light came on, the car was stationary or moving very slowly (I mean very very slowly with no revs) and each time the idle went up and down couple of times (couple hundred revs only!) and then got itself to the normal again. Very similar to starting the engine.

Each time the car was running fine before and after the engine check light, thats why I bought the code scanner to find out 1st what is the code.

The codes were pending.

Now the CEL is off.

Hmm. I haven't seen too much like this before; Might check coil electrical connectors and even re-seat them; Replace Plugs if they are old. Make sure engine is not overfilled with oil (plug fouling); Good Luck!

1st time the check engine came on was one day pulling into a parking space and stoped moving, then the engine light started to flash and about 10 sec it just staid on. After few days it went off.

2nd time we were pulling out from a car park (lotsa cars going out, so big queue and 1st gear only) and the engine light started to flash, again after about a min. it staid on.

Each time when check engine light came on, the car was stationary or moving very slowly (I mean very very slowly with no revs) and each time the idle went up and down couple of times (couple hundred revs only!) and then got itself to the normal again. Very similar to starting the engine.

Each time the car was running fine before and after the engine check light, thats why I bought the code scanner to find out 1st what is the code.

The codes were pending.

Now the CEL is off.