Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

2003 Boxster S Obc Upgrade

Hi Tool Pants.

I took my '03 Boxster S to my local dealer today to turn on the OBC and cruise before I did the retrofit for both. The dealer was able to turn on the Cruise , but couldn't turn on the OBC.

I watched as he accessed the dme control unit to ensure that the order type was correct as a 986320, which it was. After that step, he tried to go into the instrument cluster to turn on the OBC but couldn't access it to code for OBC.

What did/didn't we do right? Is there a step he missed? Can u provide pics and instructions of the process/screens to follow so we don't screw up again?

Thx..

After changing the order type did he recode it and then do another control module search? I don't think you can enable it until it has been recoded and the module search has been repeated.

Chris.

The step he missed was doing the control module search. It now works. Thx.

• 3 years later...
  • 5 months later...
Congrads on the install. Other than the two local 2003s we have done I do not know anyone else who has done the retrofit on a 2003. Others have tried and gave up.

When I see 45 degrees I do not miss the East Coast. But at least the speed gong is set to 85 mph.

In 2002 for the Boxster Porsche came out with a dot matrix center display for the trip computer option. Without the option it is a segmented display - the same display that is on a 2001 with the option. Your owners manual shows the difference.

The only way to get the dot matrix display is to buy a new instrument cluster that has the dot matrix display.

This is the center dot matrix display on the 550 special edition.

Hi,

I tried the retrofit on my Boxster 2003 S,the display look the same as this one you show with 3 lines with temp on line 3,but it's not possible to change anything with the switch.I connected 22 and 24 to the PSM switch,any ideas how to get it work?

/Per

Congrads on the install. Other than the two local 2003s we have done I do not know anyone else who has done the retrofit on a 2003. Others have tried and gave up.

When I see 45 degrees I do not miss the East Coast. But at least the speed gong is set to 85 mph.

In 2002 for the Boxster Porsche came out with a dot matrix center display for the trip computer option. Without the option it is a segmented display - the same display that is on a 2001 with the option. Your owners manual shows the difference.

The only way to get the dot matrix display is to buy a new instrument cluster that has the dot matrix display.

This is the center dot matrix display on the 550 special edition.

I have the same display on my instrument cluster does that mean I have the OBC enabled,I have tried to do the retrofit with switch and it didn't work.Any tips how to get it function?

/Per

• Moderators

On your year you run 2 wires from a switch to slots 22 and 24 of the gray instrument cluster connector. The 3rd wire from the switch goes to ground. The wire to slot 22 allows you to cycle through the displays. The wire to slot 24 resets the display to zero. Since you can see the dispalays the wire to slot 22 and ground must be hooked up correctly.

Since you can't change/reset the displays to zero it is probably because you ran a wire to 23 instead of 24.