Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Porsche Decal On Inside Top Of Back Window

I noticed, by accident, the PORSCHE decal on inside top of the back window of my Cayenne. You can't really see it from the outside, I'm trying to understand the point. Does it somehow appear when the brake light shines on it??

Meanwhile, I asked my son to make up a vinyl sticker from the high quality stuff we get, in silver metallic. It's only about half again larger than the inside sticker, and we placed it in the same position. It's subtle, same width as the third brake light:

caysticker.jpg

Pardon me for otherwise desecrating it with my BASS sticker... it's my business and what paid for the truck, so it's the least I could do ;)

BTW, the more I drive the Cayenne, the more I love it.

Bob

Me too!! good job!! what software you used to design it? Can you send me a copy of the file by e-mail?

I found a freeware Porsche TrueType font; I have attached it to this post in ZIP archive format. If you cannot open it, email me and I'll send the files by email, unzipped. You can use this font with any Windows application for a variety of purposes. I also found a second "Porscha" font that has similar typography but is not as accurately proportioned as the one I have attached, but could also be useful- email if you want it, too.

My son has one of those computer controlled vinyl sign cutters, and we usually use Paint Shop Pro or Corel Draw to do artwork and then "print" it to the sign cutter in the size desired. We get the high quality vinyl material that is very thin but also very robust. He has had a couple white stickers on his car made from the economy grade stuff and it has held up for three years and still looks new. Technology can be a wonderful thing ;)

If anyone is interested in one for your Cayenne, email me and I'll put you in touch with him. It is just shy of 15" long, same as the brake light, seemed appropriate.

porsche.zip

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Just installed it yesterday. Looks good, just hope it holds up! Easy to mount- had RainX on previously, hope the carb cleaner followed by window cleaner took it off...guess I'll find out...

• 2 weeks later...
Can you tell me if there will be any more decals for sale on EBAY or personally. Currently I cannot find any new auctions and really want to get one for my Cayenne S.  Regards

Joe

You can get one direct from my son Mark, who made the first one for my Cayenne. He is at mark@gollihur.com

thanks, Bob

Bob Gollihur

Wordsmith Associates Music - http://www.URBBob.com (also http://www.gollihur.com)

7 Baywyn Drive, Ocean View, NJ 08230-1060 USA

bob@gollihur.com - 609.624.1470 - 609.624.3646 fax

"Life is too short for bad tone."

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...