Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Door actuater problem

I just talked with dealer any they told me that everything is fine with car but the door latch for the driver side is not working so it's need to be replaced .any Ideas on how to replace it . from scale 1-10 how hard is to replace ???

Edited by nightghost

No way something this generic is going to be a solution w/o some modification in my oppinion. At that point you might as well bite the bullet and do it right. Door "stuff" is easy DIY for anyone with moderate skills. Buying the parts online would be the best way to go assuming yo have the right apart number from the failure and have confirmed the need.

It would seem highly unlikely that both would fail simultaneously, unless there is something furthur up streaming causing the common failure.

Did they fail at the same time or at different times? Maybe others can give specific ideas based on actual knowledge and not my general comments.

No way something this generic is going to be a solution w/o some modification in my oppinion. At that point you might as well bite the bullet and do it right. Door "stuff" is easy DIY for anyone with moderate skills. Buying the parts online would be the best way to go assuming yo have the right apart number from the failure and have confirmed the need.

It would seem highly unlikely that both would fail simultaneously, unless there is something furthur up streaming causing the common failure.

Did they fail at the same time or at different times? Maybe others can give specific ideas based on actual knowledge and not my general comments.

it failed about the same time . the dealer told me that the maduale is new but a short circt cause the door actuator to fail . I could hear the noise when I lock the doors by the remote but it does not lock . I have to lock both ways with the key .

If I am posting this topic at wrong form please some one tell me to move it

THANK YOU ALL

:D

Edited by nightghost

Seems to me if you here something clicking the electrical is in fact good, so what caused the failure and why is the module newer?

I would find the part number on the actuators and order them from Sunset if you are warm and fuzzy about the indie diagnosis. This will be the way better solution then the generic ebay listing you had. I've seen people try to put in the generic window regulators before and I was unimpressed. I'm sure the generic door actuators are not far behind.

find your part number and price them, both tools for that need are on the this website...start with the quick menu.