Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

2000 996 tip with 130k miles

Hello every one, is there anyone out there with a 996 with more then 150k miles on it ??

my daily driver 996 is hitting 130k this week and i want to see should i keep it and get the Suspension Kits - ROW M030 98-01 and keep driving it or should i sell it and get newer one ??

thanks

fred k

· Model year, 2000

· Body Style, C2 Coupe

· Transmission type, Tiptronic

· Country specific information US

post-22197-1196705546_thumb.jpg

post-22197-1196705895_thumb.jpg

Edited by fredkhaz

Yeah I think its pretty much worthless - bring it down to San Diego and I'll dispose of it for you for free! Seriously, that is a nice looking car for that kind of mileage. I have kind of the same dilemma with my DD. For what I could get for it I know I'll never find a better car so.. as long as there is room! Heck even if you have to buy a new engine in another 50k its a pretty good deal. The cars seem like they are built to last forever - esp here in so Cal.

PB

Hello every one, is there anyone out there with a 996 with more then 150k miles on it ??

my daily driver 996 is hitting 130k this week and i want to see should i keep it and get the Suspension Kits - ROW M030 98-01 and keep driving it or should i sell it and get newer one ??

thanks

fred k

· Model year, 2000

· Body Style, C2 Coupe

Fred,

I would put the M030 suspension on the car and keep it. The suspension and sway bars improve the handling dramatically. I put the M030 on the car with the idea that I was going to sell the car and a fresh suspension would be a plus on a 100k plus car. Changed my mind 2 weeks later, although I will admit the 997 I test drove was a great handling car.

have u even done any service to the tip tranny?

would u notice diff. before & after the tranny service?

hello, yes i did the service for the tranny at 90k,

hmm not much diff but needed to be done .. but make sure some one does it that knows what they doing and has done it before..

You'd probably not get much $ out of it with that mileage. If you can afford it, I say keep it as a side-toy, and get something new.

I agree. It is beautiful. I'd get a basic commuter car and keep your Porsche. You might have to face some expensive maintenance if that kind cost factor is part of the equation. Or maybe it'll stay reliable for 25 or more years with loving care.

After 130k miles you and the car know each other pretty well!

• 4 weeks later...

thanks

fred k

· Model year, 2000

· Body Style, C2 Coupe

Fred,

I would put the M030 suspension on the car and keep it. The suspension and sway bars improve the handling dramatically. I put the M030 on the car with the idea that I was going to sell the car and a fresh suspension would be a plus on a 100k plus car. Changed my mind 2 weeks later, although I will admit the 997 I test drove was a great handling car.

hey hey hey

i took your advice did get the M030, it is being istalled now, and will pick up my car in a few hours

best

fk :D :drive: :jump:

thanks

fred k

· Model year, 2000

· Body Style, C2 Coupe

Fred,

hey hey hey

i took your advice did get the M030, it is being istalled now, and will pick up my car in a few hours

best

How much did the suspension and sway bars cost?

Thanks,

Phillipj

At this point I would keep it and have fun with it. It looks like its in good shape. Just because a car is driven frequently doesn't mean its worthless...to me anyway. For me, if you keep a car in good shape, maintain it regularly and keep it running well, its worth every dime you spend on it to keep it that way.

thanks

fred k

· Model year, 2000

· Body Style, C2 Coupe

Fred,

hey hey hey

best

How much did the suspension and sway bars cost?

Thanks,

Phillipj

hey phillip

$975 + shipping from sunset imports and $600 to install and Alignment so about $1650 ro so ..

best

fk