Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

New DVD Navigation Install

Integrating a non-MOST component onto the MOST bus seems to be the impossible dream. Another forum member installed a Traffic Pro and wired around the external amplifier.

http://www.renntech.org/forums/index.php?s...tch+replacement

Have you thought about finding a non-MOST bus Bose amplifier from a MY02 or earlier car? Possibly, the power, speed and reverse gear input signals and the speaker out plugs would be compatable. I'm sure someone on the forum has wiring diagram information that could confirm whether or not this would be an option. Just a thought.

Bill

• 2 weeks later...
I don't think so....

I have 2 problems to solve before trying to install a new head unit :

1) Keeping my Bose speakers

2) Deleting the MOST thing.

No solution at this time :(

Hi Softail,

I've seen your name plastered all over this tread & there may be some good news for you & others trying to do the install. We're developing a harness that we know will work for the 2005-2007 997/987 Boxster and the 2006-2007 987 Cayman. We also have which will help aid the installation. I having one of the Renntech member verify the wiring schematics to check compatibility (everything will depend on how the models vary from pre-2005 to current models).

Trieullionaire

http://stores.ebay.com/Euromotorspeed

I don't think so....

hello i ve to buy you a pack on ebay, and i ve a problem with optical fiber, have you a solution please.

AND AN OTHER PROBLEME,

with the cup holder i ve problem to put out the old ( origine support) the old keep the cup holder,and the new Custom Support Bracket can be installed .

DID YOU HAVE SOLUTION PLEASE?

post-35364-1224425576.jpg

I don't think so....

hello i ve to buy you a pack on ebay, and i ve a problem with optical fiber, have you a solution please.

AND AN OTHER PROBLEME,

with the cup holder i ve problem to put out the old ( origine support) the old keep the cup holder,and the new Custom Support Bracket can be installed .

Hi Alex,

With the cupholder, please send me some photos of your setup & I will assist ASAP. For the fiber optic wiring, please refer to the post below...

http://www.renntech.org/forums/index.php?s...442&hl=avic

Trieullionaire

cvt929@yahoo.com

I just did an install with your kit and I am very pleased.

Since I bought a kenwood, the facia plate was a little roomy. I bought some leather which I fixed with double sided tape. Not happy with the top left, and bottom right corner, so I will likely re-do it. But i like the look and feel of it.

ferdigskinn.jpg

Edited by bzzlink

I just did an install with your kit and I am very pleased.

Since I bought a kenwood, the facia plate was a little roomy. I bought some leather which I fixed with double sided tape. Not happy with the top left, and bottom right corner, so I will likely re-do it. But i like the look and feel of it.

ferdigskinn.jpg

The leather looks pretty cool!

Hi all,

I refinished my trim plate to match the textured plastic on the dash in my 02 996, It came out great!

Looks as close to factory as I think we can get, Now I wish I could get rid of the "Pioneer" wording on the radio.

996pio.jpg

openpoi.jpg

hello

how did you have put this please

the old iron is attached with the cup holder

post-35364-1224620816_thumb.jpg

Hi all,

I refinished my trim plate to match the textured plastic on the dash in my 02 996, It came out great!

Looks as close to factory as I think we can get, Now I wish I could get rid of the "Pioneer" wording on the radio.

996pio.jpg

openpoi.jpg

hello

how did you have put this please

the old iron is attached with the cup holder

I am sorry, I unsure what you are asking, The mounting does not stop the cup holder from working, The cage mounts below, I used double sided tape to mount the trim.

I don't think so....

AND AN OTHER PROBLEME,

Hi Alex,

With the cupholder, please send me some photos of your setup & I will assist ASAP. For the fiber optic wiring, please refer to the post below...

Trieullionaire

cvt929@yahoo.com

ok i ve find a picture of the "iron who's attached with the cup holder it n°20 than i ve in my boxster ( if i cut it a think its no good) i hope you understand .

i put a picture of the same but on the 2002 boxster

post-35364-1224622567_thumb.jpg

post-35364-1224623125_thumb.jpg

I don't think so....

AND AN OTHER PROBLEME,

Hi Alex,

Trieullionaire

cvt929@yahoo.com

ok i ve find a picture of the "iron who's attached with the cup holder it n°20 than i ve in my boxster ( if i cut it a think its no good) i hope you understand .

i put a picture of the same but on the 2002 boxster

Alex,

The picture you attached on the right hand side (the old radio support bracket), you do not need that piece any longer. Instead, use the new bracket provided in the kit you bought. You may want to take at look at the directions in this thread. PM me or email me at cvt929@yahoo.com

Trieullionaire

• 2 months later...
We get a lot of requests regarding display images (Porsche crest) for the nav/dvd units, so we going to design screen logos for everyone to use in their Porsche. Check back in a week or so & we'll have it posted for everyone!!!

Trieullionaire

Euro MotorSpeed

727-643-2207

Hi Trieullionaire,

I got your kit today, super fast shipping and from the look at it worth every dollar.

I think your kit will make my AVIC installation this weekend sooooo much easier :clapping:

Great job!

Chris

• 1 month later...

The most efficient way to proceed without rewiring your speakers is to buy an aftermarket amplifier and wire your speakers into the new amp.

Hi, Trieullionnaire,

have you got news for me and 996 with MOST and BOSE owners ?

A few months ago, you were talking about some testings on this case. Did you succeed ?

On your website, I can see kits only for 986 and 997...

Thanks.

There are 2 ways to install an aftermarket navigation for MOST bus that we know of:

1. Rewiring the speakers

2. Replace the amp.

#2 is less time consuming plus you get to have a more powerful amp in the process.

The most efficient way to proceed without rewiring your speakers is to buy an aftermarket amplifier and wire your speakers into the new amp.

Sorry, I don't understand...

And what about a kit for porsche with MOST bus ? Did you give up ?

Yes Tri, thanks for your answer.

But Bose speakers are 2 ohms impedance (insread of 4 ohms with most speakers). Will they work with a non-Bose amp ?

And what do I do with the CD charger ?

Finally, if I buy a new amp, do I just have to connect it to the Avic ?

If yes, do I need the wires harnesses provided with your kit ?

Thanks again.

There are 2 ways to install an aftermarket navigation for MOST bus that we know of:

1. Rewiring the speakers

2. Replace the amp.

#2 is less time consuming plus you get to have a more powerful amp in the process.

Sorry, I don't understand...

And what about a kit for porsche with MOST bus ? Did you give up ?

hello, how are you.

Ive to buy your kit and alpine but i cant use it, because i've got the same problem than softail ( BOXSTER 986 WITH OPTION M 490 AND FIBER OPTICAL)

i ve this very very bad fiber optical connection ahhhhhh!

i think, if i ve well understand you, i must rewiring the new alpine to the original speaker and rewiring the new alpine to a new amp (than i need to buy)? exact?

its possible to use the hold (or origine) speaker or i must buy a new speaker?

the SOLUTION was: i must to buy: new amp, new speaker and rewiring every , :o i think than cost the price of the car just for put a new unit lol its very strange than porsche do it !!

i hope you understand its dificult to speak well

bye alex