Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Japanese Cayenne - Side Under Mirror Camera

Hello everyone,

This is my first post.

I live in Japan and ordered a 2009 Cayenne V6 about 1 month ago (my first Porsche).

I've searched the web for an owners manual and found a few 2008 Cayenne English manuals on this site as well as the old Cayenne (pre 2008 model) Japanese version on the Porsche Japan website. All of the manuals I've found, including the Japanese version listed on the official Porsche website, do not show any information about the side camera that comes standard under the outside passenger side mirror.

At the delear, I checked it out and found it pretty helpful (Japan streets can get a little tight). The video shows up in the rear view mirror. This can be turned on/off with a button on the mirror.

Does anyone have more information about this camera or the rear view mirror? I know that the standard rear view mirror is auto dimming, but I'm not sure about the Japanese version.

Thanks for your help.

Hello everyone,

This is my first post.

I live in Japan and ordered a 2009 Cayenne V6 about 1 month ago (my first Porsche).

I've searched the web for an owners manual and found a few 2008 Cayenne English manuals on this site as well as the old Cayenne (pre 2008 model) Japanese version on the Porsche Japan website. All of the manuals I've found, including the Japanese version listed on the official Porsche website, do not show any information about the side camera that comes standard under the outside passenger side mirror.

At the delear, I checked it out and found it pretty helpful (Japan streets can get a little tight). The video shows up in the rear view mirror. This can be turned on/off with a button on the mirror.

Does anyone have more information about this camera or the rear view mirror? I know that the standard rear view mirror is auto dimming, but I'm not sure about the Japanese version.

Thanks for your help.

Congrats on your new Cayenne. Unfortunately I don't know much about your issue. On the US Cayennes the rearview camera is under the rear window latch, providing a view to the rear of the vechicle. I don't know if there is an side camera available.

As you have already discovered, the Porsche owner's manual can be confusing. You'll probably find other areas where this is also the case.

Congrats on your new Cayenne. Unfortunately I don't know much about your issue. On the US Cayennes the rearview camera is under the rear window latch, providing a view to the rear of the vechicle. I don't know if there is an side camera available.

As you have already discovered, the Porsche owner's manual can be confusing. You'll probably find other areas where this is also the case.

Thanks Dennis for your reply.

The factory rear camera option is not available in Japan, as well as the navigation system. Everything is aftermarket. The aftermarket navigation systems are incredible! Some of the nice options that these aftermarket navigation systems offer are digital TV reception, iPod integration, front camera and wireless remote control. The back camera fits above the rear license plate (near the handle for opening the rear lift gate). The front camera would fit in the grill and allows peaking around tight corners or intersections. The side camera (under the passenger side mirror) is the only camera that comes from the factory. It's a standard part, not an option.

I'm just wondering if anyone has see specs or instructions about this.

I'd also like to find out more about the rear view mirror.

The only owners manual I could find for 2008 models are the English ones.

I can’t find any manuals or documentation for the 2008 Cayenne models sold here in Japan (Japanese manuals).

Edited by fulmer

Cheers on your purchase you will enjoy your Cayenne

never heard of a side cam besides that new infiniti Crossover that dose the 3d view with cams placed at all angles.

On your no navigation thing make sure you dont have bose sterio or your in for alot of pain the butt install work, can be a bit more costly then you first expected. Since the bose cd player and navi units use fiberoptic lines inted of your normal speaker wire witch is pre wired throughout the auto to every speaker and cd changer, these will have to be changed out in order for you to put in a aftermarket head unit.

i have never really seen a non bose Cayenne but i hear there out there and hope you get one of them if your Cayenne has no navi!

good luck on that and keep us posted on your Cayenne with your camera and headunit progress so members can help solve any questions!

Vincent

Thanks for the reply Vincent.

I ordered the Cayenne without the BOSE sound system. It will come with the standard speakers, but radio-less. I'll have the navigation system installed by the dealer. Once it arrives (sometime around September) I'll take some pictures and post them.

Here are the options that I ordered:

Dark Olive Metallic

Tan Interior

Tiptronic S

Speed senstitive steering

Sports Seats

Cruise Control

Ski Bag

Floor mats

2 Zone Auto Air Conditioner

Non-Smoker Package

Confort Lighting Package