Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

seat memory

Hi guys!

I've recently change my old 996 carrera 2 with a "new" 2001 996 tt. Different story...from bicicle to space shuttle eheheheheh ; - )

Anyway...I'm now checking all the option present on this car (it's a full option car). Everything seems to work perfectly apart for the seat memory. The regolations are working but when I try to fix a position pressing M + 1 or 2 and recall it nothing happen. Same story when I try to set the key. I have to check the fuses? Anyone has a fuse diagram? Thanks!

From what I remenber from the manual, with the key you should turn the ignition on, then press at least 5 sec M + key ( if you want the passenger mirror to move down you should also engage reverse after the ignition ) and only when you open the car if your seat is in different possition it will go back to yours. Hope it helps

• 4 years later...

Hi -

Was there ever a solution for this? I just purchased a 2001 911tt and the seat memory is not working no matter what I've tried. I checked fuses as well and all looks well. I have the M, key, 1, and 2 buttons. I've tried all combination to try to memorize my seat setting but it does not work. When I go to recall the setting, nothing happens. I'm about of lose my hair on this one. Any help would be awesome. Thanks.

Kiet

So let's get the facts perfectly clear - you set the memory as described above. Then you move the seat. Then, when you press 1 (all by itself - no "M") any time the ignition is on - the seat does not move back to the memory location. Is that what is happening?

So let's get the facts perfectly clear - you set the memory as described above. Then you move the seat. Then, when you press 1 (all by itself - no "M") any time the ignition is on - the seat does not move back to the memory location. Is that what is happening?

Yes - that's exactly what is happening to seat memory. It is not working no matter what I've tried and I've tried everything. I've also checked the fuse and that also is good. At this point, I'm not even worrying about the key of working. I just want to get the memory button working on the car. I don't know - maybe a bad memory unit. I know the memory number does not illuminate at night time, but I don't know if that is normal or not. Thanks.

OK, my memory letters/numbers light up. Perhaps it's time for you to remove the panel and check to see that the plugs are properly connected.

OK, my memory letters/numbers light up. Perhaps it's time for you to remove the panel and check to see that the plugs are properly connected.

SliderG35 - thank you much for your help. I took apart the panel and one of the plug was not connected to the seat memory unit (thus no illumination). Once I plugged it in - works like a champ. Thanks again.

Kiet