Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

row m030

can the boxster take the suspension of another porsche....ie will a used shock/strut row m030 fit on my car....or perhaps the newer track ready suspension setups

thanks

ric

I'd go Boxster to Boxster only, since the corner weights are different for Carrera. ROW 030 off a Boxster is just fine (and reportedly quite nice) on a US Boxster. I have US M030 on my 986S and am quite satisfied with it's ability to pass all lower numbered Porsches in a curve.

The PSS9 suspension seems to be the recent favorite after market - Be warned there are many reports of the euro version of the PSS9 rubbing and euro versions sold in the USA as US versions.

Ad Sach

thanks ad sach

already put a call into my race mechanic....hes going to try to get the set up

is the m030 actually a strut made by porsche or is it the "kit" including strut, spring, rod, link stab bar? and how did you get your boxster with the us version in it?

soon we will be able to pass all other numbered porsches on the track! (high aspirations)...i just have to learn to drive first

ric

just got a call from eurosport

rowm030 is the spring/strut combo.....bilstein i believe about 2100 installed

pss9 is adjustable coilover about 3200 installed with corner weighted and cross balanced

like i said....better learn to drive first

re:

>>is the m030 actually a strut made by porsche or is it the "kit" including strut, spring, rod, link stab bar? and how did you get your boxster with the us version in it?<<

m030 is the Porsche order code for 'Sport Chassis rigidly tuned'. On my 02S this was a $690 factory option. I believe it is:

1) Front and rear Sway bars

Standard S 23.6 / 18.5mm 3.5 / 2.5mm 1.094 /1.000

M030 S 24.0 / 19.0mm 3.8 / 2.7mm 1.211 / 1.145

*Stiffness rating shows that the M030 front bar is 21.1% stiffer on the 'S' model and the rear is 14.5% stiffer.

2)Progressive and stiffer Coils springs

- several different numbers and color codes

I am pretty sure the shocks, control arms, wheel bearings are the same. - FWIW the rear axle control arms are longer and the wheel bearings are doubled on the S vs base boxster.

good info adsach!

where did you get the info

I'm thinking ....if i can afford it....just going with ready for track coil overs.....to get set for the scca groups....I'm already walking on eggshells with my nose so why not....got to be different!

Suspension Info is something I pickup hanging out at PPBB for a year - unfortunately when I copied it to my palm I didn't copy a link to give credit.

Problem something originally provided by Trygve, Loren or one of those other TRULY knowledgeable guys.

The folks over on the Boxster Racing board seem to know their stuff when it comes to suspension and power mods - anything I know about modifications is second hand. I run a stock S w/M030 and 18" wheels like it came from the factory. And the car is still way better a car than I am a driver. 2 more track days next weekend-so I'll try my best to catch up to her potential. ;)