Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

964 C2 - 18" OEM Turbo Twist wheels fit?

808c4

I have a set of OEM 18" Turbo Twist wheels from a 2000 996 that I want to put on my wifes car to make it look more aggresive...will the rear 18" x 10" ET 65 wheel fit and work safely if I utilize 15mm spacers??? Do I need longer studs, and how long? Note: The 18" x 7.5" front wheels fit and work just fine.

hello

you will loose your drivability by putting 18" on,

I didn't like the way how the car was driving

Really... What do you think will work best as far as an upgrade??? 17"'s? Thanks for your input but I really want to try the 18"'s becuase I have them already. Anyone know if 15mm spacers are needed for the rears?

• 2 weeks later...

10" wide rears ideally need something like ET47 to work on a narrow bodied car - so you'll need 18mm spacers. Spacers that wide will have their own studs so you won't have to change the existing studs, just bolt the spacers to the hub and bolt the wheel to the spacer. Use the standard (130NM) torque for both.

Dave

10" wide rears ideally need something like ET47 to work on a narrow bodied car - so you'll need 18mm spacers. Spacers that wide will have their own studs so you won't have to change the existing studs, just bolt the spacers to the hub and bolt the wheel to the spacer. Use the standard (130NM) torque for both.

Dave

Thanks Dave... Just received 15mm spacers with studs yesterday. (...already ordered them last week) 15mm's will make for a 50mm offset when using 18" x 10" ET 65. Put them on the car and they seem to work just fine with one exception; on the rear passenger side I may need to adjust the oil line as it is very very close to the tire. It clears but I am a littel woried about tire rub and don't wish a risk of a blowout. Other than that the 15mm work great and I don't have to roll the fender edges. FYI: Using 265's in the rear. I do wish I would have seen your post before buying the 15mm's but as I mentioned they work well for now. I will add pictuers soon to help other's that may want to upgrade to 996 18" turbo wheels. Sure makes my wifes car look even cooler!!!

One more question for everyone: I have heard when utilizing 18" wheels it is best to upgrade/add a steering rack brace like ones on later model 993's...is this true?? Anyone have a part number or can provide assistance? Mahalo.

Edited by 808c4

FYI regarding driveabilty - FRONTs: Drives fine overall and looks way cool!!! If you upgrade to 18" from 15"-16" (factory wheels) wheels you will feel a slight difference or will need a little more effort to turn the front wheels... but it's not bad. Please keep in mind I utilized 7.5" - THIS THE WIDEST I would recommned for easy steering. If you use 8" - 8.5" as many people have tried then you may experience some loss in driveabilty or it may not be as smooth as you want. In the end, it's up to you.

REARs: You can upgrade to 9"-10" wheels but if you don't mind some trial and error to get things just right, then I highly recommned 10"'s for a more aggresive look while maintainting an overall OEM look.

Edited by 808c4