Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Durametric C156

Hi,

My PASM and Sport buttons have stopped working. The onboard computer shows PASM indicator failure and Durametric gives error C156 "Communic. PASM control unit" in the PSM area.

My car is an April 2006 S, just out of warranty. Has anyone seen this before? I have checked the PASM fuse (C9) and it looks fine. Where is the PASM control unit (to check for loose connectors) If I need to replace the PASM control unit will the ECU need to be updated in order to recognise it?

Thanks.

Edited by boxsters987

Hi,

My PASM and Sport buttons have stopped working. The onboard computer shows PASM indicator failure and Durametric gives error C156 "Communic. PASM control unit" in the PSM area.

My car is an April 2006 S, just out of warranty. Has anyone seen this before? I have checked the PASM fuse (C9) and it looks fine. Where is the PASM control unit (to check for loose connectors) If I need to replace the PASM control unit will the ECU need to be updated in order to recognise it?

Thanks.

Have you recently done any mods to the car?

Have you recently done any mods to the car?

No although I've found the reason for the fault -- my bad. After noticing that the PASM and Sport buttons weren't working I checked the PASM fuse (C9). I was in a hurry and had somehow put it back in to position D8 (marked on the fuse map as unused). I just put it back in the correct position and noticed on my way home that the ride was smooth. The PASM would seem to be working properly and in 'normal' mode, the PASM control unit would seem to be 'ok'. I also no longer get the "PASM indicator failure" message from the onboard computer and the red ! on the dashboard has gone out.

My PASM and Sport buttons still fail to do anything. Both the PSM and spoiler buttons work fine.

Edited by boxsters987

• Moderators

Go to the dealer to start the wake up process of the control box again, there is a good chance that the control box is returned in sleep mode. The control box is situated for LHD cars on the passenger front side against the firewall. ( from the book in French: Le calculateur PASM est fixé sur le tablier avant à droite, plancher coté passager )

Thanks. Mine is a RHD so I wonder whether they re-located it to the passenger foot well on the left or whether it's in the drivers side.

Is a trip to the dealers absolutely necessary? I want to avoid that if possible. Would the PASM still be working if the control unit were asleep? I can feel that the PASM is working in 'normal' mode not the failsafe sport mode. Since putting ht PASM fuse back in the correct place I no longer get the 'PASM indicator faulty' message on the onboard computer. I was hoping this would just be a faulty button/plug :huh:

For RHD cars: the opposite side. A trip to the dealer is recommended IMHO.

I wouldn't mind checking over the basics myself while I'm gretting round to booking the dealer visit. The PASM itself is working, the ride is great, I just can't flip it in to sport mode. Where would I be able to find wiring diagrams?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
Contacts cleaned, buttons working.

I have this problem with my Boxster, the sport button, pasm and rear spoiler button do not illuminate nor do they work. I'm getting no errors on the dash. Anyone have any suggestions?????

It was caused by the button contacts being gunked up with spilt coffee. As he said above, the switches were removed, contacts cleaned and everything worked. You could also check the cables are connected properly.