Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

I own a ´06 C4S tiptronic and I want to add the tequipment aerokit front bumper to my car, the question is if anyone knows how much is the front ground clearance affected by this addition? In the place I live some of the roads are not so good and some streets have a lot of speed bumps.

I would greatly appreciate any help to address this concern.

Hi, I own an '06 C2 with the Factory aerokit. Ground clearance is definitely a concern, not on the street though, on driveways. You need to think about the rear spoiler too. Porsche does not reccommend one without the other. My car also has PASM, which lowers our cars by about 10mm.

donlycan

Do you know if the front lip spoiler is the same used by the GT3?

I have looked around and the original rubber/plastic ones are not so expensive.

I was thinking in always having a spare lip spoiler painted in black to replace it whenever the one in the car gets damaged, I know it would be only a matter of time before that happens, but the car looks spectacular with the aerokit front end.

Do you know if the front lip spoiler is the same used by the GT3?

I have looked around and the original rubber/plastic ones are not so expensive.

I was thinking in always having a spare lip spoiler painted in black to replace it whenever the one in the car gets damaged, I know it would be only a matter of time before that happens, but the car looks spectacular with the aerokit front end.

That's what I did.... I use GT3 lips as they are flat black to begin with and are cheaper than the ones that have to be painted. Very easy to replace, one screw/keeper located in each wheel well, pull those out and you can remove the lip even though it has the one-way clips. New one goes on just as easy.

Yes, steep driveways, parking lots, gas stations etc all will scrape the lip. Speed bumps don't help. But I find by setting it to Sport to frim up the shock, there is less rebound.

Enjoy your Aerokit!

Deanski