Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

03 TT w/PCM Dension ipod install question

I have an 03 TT with Nav PCM (MOST). I think it's 2.0 version. I do not have a CD changer and it seems there is no pre-wiring for the CD changer up front. I want to install the Dension ipod unit. I believe I will need to somehow get onto the MOST ring at some point. Should I connect through the amp? Or is there a connector on the radio head unit in the dash? Will I need another MOST harness from the dealer?

Just want to have everything ready before I tear into the car.

Thanks

Contact your local Dension stockist, and look on the dension web site for installation instructions as a downloadable .pdf file. My understanding is that the PCM 2 and 2.1 units both use the MOST fibre optic system to communicate and relay sound from the CD changer. I beleive from other posts that the MOST system is live on all PCM units though the cable may not be installed through to the front luggage area as the early PCM 2 units did not use an external navigation module. The MOST cable will be bright orange and should be visible in the area where the CD changer normally sits or just behind the boot lining at the bulkhead between the battery compartment and the luggage area. The plastic cowl that covers the CD changer position and the brake reservoir is simple to remove with about 10 screws. Porsche should be able to supply the correct MOST cable for the Cd changer to head unit if one is not already installed in your car .

the web site is www. dension.com

http://www.dension.com/oem2.php?car_id=229 Assuming you have a 996/986

http://support.dension.com/downloads/Gatew...stall_Guide.pdf

Dual FOT refers to a new revision of the product allowing direct connection to the dension unit from the Porsche OEM fiber optic plug. There are also adapter plugs and wires included in the kit so you can add the dension unit to the existing MOST ring if a CD changer is already installed.

Edited by berty987