Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

So a week ago it showed the error then after 6 restarts its ok, after 800 miles it failed in a different way

I heard some strange occasional knocking noises from the front then the front went to loading level or lower while the rear stayed up. Same error "Air Susp Error"

In the shop awaiting the good news

So a week ago it showed the error then after 6 restarts its ok, after 800 miles it failed in a different way

I heard some strange occasional knocking noises from the front then the front went to loading level or lower while the rear stayed up. Same error "Air Susp Error"

What model/year Cayenne you sportin'?

I have an 04 S, at 77K

I bought an extended warranty, phew

I have an 04 S, at 77K

I bought an extended warranty, phew

Hopefully it won't be a major issue. My PASM has always worked fine. I did have 4 people in the car and a large load of fishing gear recently, and when we got out at the cabin the suspension released air as the weight was removed... it sounded like 18-wheeler brakes. Other than that, no issues.

Dealer reports that the drivers side airstrut blew the "airbag out", his words "there was shrapnel everywhere".

Parts are in Germany so it will be a few days, estimating $1800 to rebuild the strut.

Best part is that all parts of the Air Suspension are covered by my extended warranty EXCEPT the airsprings themselves

Car has never been off road except for sand a long time ago, mostly light duty cycle.

RFM ever heard of this ?

Mike

A fault code check is recommended, could be a faulty front height sensor for instance.

• Moderators

Air suspension struts are constructed as a complete piece, i should say more, depending the mileage of the car it is recommended to replace the struts on the same axle. Factory extended warranty covers the struts over here. The cause is probably weak spots in the metal or damage in some cases, i have seen 14 month old struts with this damage. It is definitely not a common issue.

Thanks RFM I appreciate your replies very much

Is it possible to repair this myself ?

Air suspension struts are constructed as a complete piece, i should say more, depending the mileage of the car it is recommended to replace the struts on the same axle. Factory extended warranty covers the struts over here. The cause is probably weak spots in the metal or damage in some cases, i have seen 14 month old struts with this damage. It is definitely not a common issue.

• Moderators

There is a procedure to do with PIWIS after installing the struts, bleeding and filling the system and adjusting the ride height. Bleeding and filling can be done without PIWIS IMHO, but to adjust the height without the tester is not possible, it is in fact the same process as replacing the control unit. Replacing the struts can be done on a lift if possible.

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE

3 weeks, still awaiting parts from Germany

There is a procedure to do with PIWIS after installing the struts, bleeding and filling the system and adjusting the ride height. Bleeding and filling can be done without PIWIS IMHO, but to adjust the height without the tester is not possible, it is in fact the same process as replacing the control unit. Replacing the struts can be done on a lift if possible.

OK got it back today, just over 3 weeks

Seems fine

I will post the bill when I am near a scanner

Drives well, 4 wheel alignment most likely helps

They comes probably by foot, unbelievable that Porsche US have no stock, the struts are available here not in BO.